A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,984
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Country Doesn't Have That Round 8- Ongoing (March 26- April 27)  (Read 28339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Singalala

Life is too short to wear ugly shoes

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007 09:37:32 PM »

i want to claim geeyouknit

I, militant pacifist, having PM-d the organizer and been approved, post my list of countries I would like to receive from.

I am from the Netherlands and this is my first claim.

1. USA - freezer paper for stenciling!!!!! i need!!!!  candy, shrinky dinks, Kool Aid.. anything craft related
2. UK - Craft magazines, victorian postcards, candy (curly wurly and other caramel stuff)
3. Mexico - anything day of the dead!!!, nice colorful postcards, craft stuff.
4. any other countries

More things i like: different kinds of unique fabrics or (wrapping/scrapping)paper, food things, foreign paper money, games, maps (love maps!!!!! ), music (i like singer-songwriters, emo stuff, soul...). I'm decorating my house ( a long ongoing project) and would like stuff that is fun and craftsy for it. I like lots of things and i need lots of things: random things that come into mind are picture frames, weird kitchen utensils (i'm a foodie) or recipes, cushion covers....
Sand, sea shells or other nature things... i love them. Also a big fan of birdhouses or garden stuff.
I have a weird thing for found shopping lists, whenever i find one i keep it and i'm planning to frame a collection of them. So shopping lists in foreign languages would be so amazing!!
Also i <3 makeup, so an amazing color of eyeshadow would be very much appreciated.

All of the above is quite specific, but I'm open to a lot of stuff! So don't worry! I like anything that is typical for your country.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have been seriously ill. I will get back to everyone to finish up all swaps and stuff. I am home now.

My wists http://www.wists.com/singalala

Junk jewelry swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322611.0
Ongoing ATC swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322889
Singalala

Life is too short to wear ugly shoes

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007 09:39:51 PM »

thanks for explaining everyone  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have been seriously ill. I will get back to everyone to finish up all swaps and stuff. I am home now.

My wists http://www.wists.com/singalala

Junk jewelry swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322611.0
Ongoing ATC swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322889
FrogPuddle
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007 12:13:54 AM »

I would like to claim Militant Pacifist, this is my first claim.

I, Frogpuddle, being approved, will post my list of countries.
I am from the US in Pennsylvania, and i live in a small backwoods town, so i also can get amish item, country edibles, and all of the typical american goodies and craft supplies.

1. Germany(and surrounding area)- Chocolate!, Gummi anything, Kinder (id give my first born child for a Kinder egg! Grin), lebkuchen, bitter lemon soda, any fashion, knitting or cooking magazines, knitting stuff, german yarn, junk food, candies

2. Scandinavia(and surrounding areas)- Knitting stuff! Magazines of all kinds, yarn, candy, junk food, fabrics, cards

3.Asian countries- Fashion magazines, any magzine!, candy and junk food, fabric, stickers, stationary, origami paper, goth loli, anything cute! I love all things bento!

4. UK/ Surrounding Isles- Knittingstuff, Yarn!, Magazines of any kinds, especially fashion or knitting, Cadbury, Candy, Junk food, vintage items, fabric, cards, stationary

5. France- Fashion magazines, vintage items, cards, fabric, candy and junk food, girly stuff,

6. Any country! I love it all!!!!

As you can see, i had alot of reoccurring themes, but to be honest i dont know alot of the cool exclusive things to many foreign countries, and i'd love to find out!  Some things that i would love to recieve from anywhere are: Magazines!! I love them, especially Knitting and Fashion and Cooking magazines.  Any Junk food or Candy, thats the best part!!!  Any fun, funky or beautiful fabric, i'm learning to make my own clothes and would love an awesome fabric to use! I love Craft items like stickers and cards, stationary, buttons and beads.  I'm open to anything, and i'm super excited!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007 01:29:05 AM by FrogPuddle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
FrogPuddle
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007 12:58:00 AM »

This is about what food items are exclusive to each country

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=121655.0

This helped me alot, i hope it helps you guys too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danabanana
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007 06:13:16 AM »

crap--- missed it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My literary magazine launched! www.whitelephantonline.org
heysupqt
It must be you...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007 10:21:16 AM »

I claim FrogPuddle

I'd like anything, really. I just moved from the US to the UK. This should be FUN.

1. The US - Mamwich sloppy joe mix, canned (PLEASE (!!!) make sure it's vegan! Including NO lactic acid. That would be super-helpful!); something crafted with a collage of stuff from Spin magazine (ecspecially Chuck Klosterman's writings and the White Stripes); Knitting needles, size 8 or 10 (metal preferably); A black satin sash to match David's Bridal's sash, or even that sash FROM the store, to fit a 45" waist.

2. The Netherlands - if you live ANYWHERE near Groningen PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE a good record from Platenworm. I would LOVE you. Forever. Not that there's too many Dutch people on here. heehee!

3. France - these candies I had once. They're like peppermint-flavolured sugar cubes. YUM!; A beret, whether you made it yourself or not; a post card!

4. Spain - any sort of literature or magazine in Spanish - necesito practicar porque no soy en un clase hoy en dia!; if in Barcelona, something from the Dali museum (post card, anything!)

5. Canada - Tire dollars. It's a big inside joke!; anything crafted!

6. Asia - those chocolate-filled Koala cookie things; post cards!; chopsticks; sake glasses? maybe?

7. Any other country - something unique to your country. I'm all about kitsch!

Also, I am getting married, so anything you think I could use would be REALLY nice. My colours are ivory and black. THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Size 7 needles + 1lb. Retro yellow yarn = LOTS OF FUN!
danabanana
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007 10:45:36 AM »

yesssssssssssss! Okay I clam heysupqt!

I'm in New York City and the possibilities are endless!

That said, I would love:

*0. A mix cd from any country of what's hot right now... when i travelled to Germany, Funf Sterne Deluxe was really big and I got their CD, it's still one of my favorite albums, more so because of where it came from and what it reminds me of!! When I travel I always try to find music; I love all kinds of music!
*00. Local recipes! What are you eating? What do you love to make?

1. France: anything with lovely labels (food, beauty products, whatever), vintage fabrics, fashion magazines, ...
2. Germany: Kindereggs! I haven't had them in soooo long. I loved those little plastic toys. Again, anything with interesting labels. Vintage Fabric definately; i love flowers, bright (but not neon) colors and vintage prints.
3. Anywhere in Asia: pretty fabrics or papers, interesting candies, fashion magazines, cool plastic bangles or cheap plastic jewelery, weird things!
4. Anywhere: Whatever you think someone in the U.S. would find kitschy or neat about your country!!! I know it's hard to think of how things look from an outsiders perception, but really, anything fun or silly or neat!

I love fashion and making clothes; i'm always on the lookout for inspiration or new materials!  I love anythign with trees, flowers, grass, bright happy colors; anything tasty, crafty, silly, cutesy, or interesting.  I also do alot of stamp-carving and love fun things to trace to make into stamps! This one should be easy, becuase i would seriously love anything, from anywhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrimbleCrumble
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007 10:47:47 AM »

oh man. while at school, it seems i missed another non-us person!  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danabanana
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007 10:58:11 AM »

Sorry!!!

I signed up to be notified of posts in this topic so everyitme someone posted i got an email at work! woo! It's a great strategy, but you have to pounce!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007 12:45:46 PM »

I claim danabanana for:
Well, I can get you KinderEggs & French things!
(I'm in Switzerland the crossroads of france (20mins away), italy & german/austria)

My list is very general so anyone should be able to claim! Smiley

From any country any of the following things that are traditional/represent your country:
- Tourist souvenirs (new or retro)
- Fabrics, paper, ribbons, buttons, charms, etc from your country
- School supplies (retro & new)
- Old postcards
- mini things!
- Paper or metal tins product packaging that is old fashioned, pretty & traditional (retro/vintage prefered), rices bags: (No packaging that came from wet, oily or sticky sweet food, please, I think you can understand why)

Specific:
Germany: I would like East German soap or other products and packaging, can you make me something with an ampelmannchen?
UK: Ive seen & am a bit fascinated with this package of colemans Shepards pie seasoning... (Ok & if you are sending UK food can you send crunchies?)
US: Freezer paper

Things Id rather not receive:
- No food or spices (except if specifically listed above)
- Candles
- Perfumes, scents

Thanks in advance!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Foods That Will Improve Your Skin
Expert Reveals When Exactly You Should Throw Away Your Cosmetics
Expert Shares Great Spring Beauty Trends
A Sunscreen That Smells Like Your Favorite Fragrance
10 Tips for Becoming a Makeup Artist
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...