A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Lizard Ridge  (Read 9842 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jemjerika
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007 05:02:23 PM »

I just finished mine and am curled up in it right now! I loved this project - it took me a few months and I would pick it up and put it down, but I was always happy to get back to it.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007 05:05:01 PM by Jemjerika » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.oneandonlycrafts.etsy.com - One&Only Yarns on Etsy
jezebel7383
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007 12:01:39 AM »

Your blanket is beautiful! I love how it turned out. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flaky

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007 06:42:20 AM »

Congratulations!  It is absolutely gorgeous.  I have put mine down for a few weeks due to a rough term in school & now I am more anxious than ever to get it started again.  Did you do the crochet edging? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spiderdust
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007 09:15:25 AM »

Your blanket is beautiful!  I *love* the colorways you chose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shoegazer
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007 02:34:54 PM »

Im curious, are there a few place that the panels arent sewn together? I thought I saw some holes where the color of the sofa was poking through... or is that just the photo?
I HATE sewing seams when Im finished knitting. Ive been working my blanket in long rows, so when Im done Ill only have 4 long pieces to sew together. Im a little nervous about this. Let me know if you had any problems with the finishing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cnp71201
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007 10:59:40 AM »

It is really beautiful! I loved this pattern, but a few things have kept me from it, the price for one, but also the itchness of noro - Jemjerkia, is your blanket scratchy or itchy? Another thing is washability - obviously, it shouldn't need to be washed often, but when it does you'll have to handwash... how do you handwash something so large? In the bathtub?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
knitofrage
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007 07:30:13 AM »

I finished a few squares for this over the weekend.  The yarn softens considerably with washing and blocking (I wet blocked versus steaming and liked the results), but I still find it to be a fairly rough final product.  I'm actually thinking of lining my blanket when it's complete to make it a bit more inviting and snuggly.

Danielle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flaky

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007 07:28:02 PM »

I finished a few squares for this over the weekend.  The yarn softens considerably with washing and blocking (I wet blocked versus steaming and liked the results), but I still find it to be a fairly rough final product.  I'm actually thinking of lining my blanket when it's complete to make it a bit more inviting and snuggly.

Danielle
I've been thinking about that too.  Not only for the itchy factor - but also because my sewing skills are less than stellar & that way the seams won't show.   It could almost take on more of a quilt look with the lining. Let me know what ideas you have for lining it - I've been hesitant because I don't know what kind of fabric to use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShannonC
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007 08:25:28 PM »

Jemjerika: Your blanket is gorgeous! I'm so glad to see a finished one, now I'm revved up to work on my own Grin

I like the idea of lining the blanket too. What kind of fabric would you use though? I love the feel of flannel, but combined with the wool yarn, would it be too warm? How would you pick a color? Something solid would probably be best, since the blanket itself is so busy.

I was hoping to get mine finished in time to enter it in our big county fair in September (there is always the prettiest stuff competing every year), but with the entry deadline in August and only four squares in, I don't think I'll make it. I don't want to try and rush, our I'll just end up disliking the project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flaky

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007 07:29:04 AM »

I was hoping to get mine finished in time to enter it in our big county fair in September (there is always the prettiest stuff competing every year), but with the entry deadline in August and only four squares in, I don't think I'll make it. I don't want to try and rush, our I'll just end up disliking the project.
The squares start going a lot faster once you get going. You might be able to do it!  I was thinking about flannel too but feared it too hot.  Maybe a lightweight denim chambray? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Green Slime
How to Make Orange Slime
How to Make Yellow Slime
How to Make Red Slime
How to Make Pink Slime
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...