A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,645
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Lizard Ridge  (Read 9774 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpunK
KNITXCORE

i make stuff, and i'm a boy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007 07:16:38 PM »

AMAHHHHHHHZING!!!!!!  and to think, you dyed all that yarn.  it's breathtaking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007 07:45:20 PM »

I think if you made it part of a pattern it wouldn't look bad (you get to play with the pieces before you seam anyway).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007 09:35:27 PM »

I've seen several SWS LRs, and they look great. Interspersing the solid colors would be fine, but you might need to do the garter ridge alternative to give it texture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Celeste Chalfonte
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007 11:28:44 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked
oh wow,
this is a masterpiece!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flaky

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2007 04:46:34 AM »

I've been sitting on this WIP for ages (I'll spare you my list of excuses!) and now it comes down to decision time for me....I am thinking about taking the 16 squares that I have completed sewing & lining it to make a wall hanging instead of a blanket.  We moved since I started this project & we have blank wall spaces in the new house that need something.  Thoughts? 

Does anyone have lining suggestions so that it won't stretch too terribly out of shape by hanging vertical - or is this just a horrible idea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2008 07:32:03 PM »

Can I join? I've just started my first square today. I wanted to ask...what does everyone pay for their Noro? I paid $8.50 per ball & was wondering if that was common. Either way, I have no choice as there's only 1 shop in my town that carries it. *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
ShannonC
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2008 08:36:48 PM »

That's about how much I pay for mine at my yarn shop. I'm glad this is a project that I can buy skeins for one at a time, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it.

I haven't posted here in a long, long time, because I abandoned my Lizard Ridge for a long time. Now I'm about halfway finished (I'm making mine a little bit smaller, and square instead of rectangle). I messed up on the first strip (I'm doing strips instead of squares) and made it one block too short. Then I decided that to make the blanket symmetric, I needed to make all the strips one block too short, then knit separate blocks to seam on at the end. See, it sounds totally dumbass now, but it made sense then. So now I'm stuck with a too-short half of a blanket, extra blocks, and no idea how to seam them on so it's not totally obvious it's seamed. *Sigh*

Laying out in the snow.

I love the top block with the blue, green, yellow, and orange. The purple and green one next to it, on the other hand, reminds me of Barney the Dinosaur, and I don't really like it.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008 08:37:45 PM by ShannonC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

flaky

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2008 05:30:42 AM »

Can I join? I've just started my first square today. I wanted to ask...what does everyone pay for their Noro? I paid $8.50 per ball & was wondering if that was common. Either way, I have no choice as there's only 1 shop in my town that carries it. *sigh*

Same here - that's roughly what I pay for kureyon.  You might want to try ebay also - I have found some of mine there for cheap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008 06:35:17 AM »

I just looked on ebay like 2 nights ago & didn't see anything that seemed like a "good deal" to me (when you factor in shipping costs). Oh well...it's not that big of a deal I guess. The beauty of the blanket is worth it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
lindsoriah

In character at all times

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008 07:22:04 AM »

So now I'm stuck with a too-short half of a blanket, extra blocks, and no idea how to seam them on so it's not totally obvious it's seamed. *Sigh*

Only thing I can think of is to make another set of blocks like you have and seam them together for two sides of the blanket, that way it's at least symmetrical.  OR you could try taking out the bind off, and the first row of each square to graft the live stitches.  http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer04/FEATtheresasum04.html

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trainer Trials: Boxing Basics
4 Favorite Exfoliators
Expert Shares The Very Best Earth Friendly Beauty Products
Lavender Coconut Body Scrub
Tati Westbrook: 5 Minute Glam Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...