A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Garden thru the season shots??  (Read 7631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2007 06:53:08 PM »

Not normal...I'll have to research that. Are you possibly not watering/watering too much?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Longelegantlegs

Don't touch my nuts.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2007 04:08:11 AM »

Hmm; Well, it's been raining non stop lately It's probably getting soaked. I'll try moving it away from the rain...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2007 05:41:32 PM »

I wish it would rain here. We keep getting skipped - everyone else in this area got some nice rain yesterday, we just got a little wuss shower.

Anyway, the volunteer gladioli are starting to bloom:

The lotus has more leaves, I am hoping it gets a chance to bloom before it starts snowing.

Sunflowers!

The first of the winter squash, red warty thing (not so red as of yet). The baby squash don't always develop, hopefully I'll get a few.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2007 06:50:52 PM »

Wow, volunteer gladioli...they usually don't make it through the winter in Colorado!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
susankg53
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2007 09:23:11 PM »

love the gladioli, sunflowers look good and I know what you mean about little things that don't always make it, like pumpkins and gourds, maybe I can get a picture of a friend's lotus, if you put your fingers together and hold out your arms- that is how big the leaves are and the flowers are bigger than two hands put together, I'll try to get past her place with my camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susankg53
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2007 03:21:15 PM »

this is a picture of my friends lotus pond, the trees in the background are cedar trees, I was standing about 20 feet or so from the pond when I took the picture, didn't have anything to use as a reference to size, I think those lotus leaves are probably 6 to 7 feet out of the pond, she grows massive things. That picture doesn't do justice to her plants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2007 03:27:02 PM »

I love giant lotus, those are lovely!  Mine is a miniature variety.  I have been to the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens (a national park on the anacostia in DC) when the lotus ponds were in bloom - gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2007 04:12:17 PM »

So here's an update on the funkrustico estate.

This my three sisters garden. As you can see the squash sisters are dominant and bossy! I have to do a lot of taming. I found a use for all of the orphan wooden chairs I collect-the vines are growing up and over them! The calendula are mostly volunteers.

Purple Queen Bush beans

Zinnias pumpkin and corn

Russian Sunflowers

I planted these lily bulbs 3 years ago-this is the first year they've
actually flowered...Huzzah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susankg53
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2007 03:09:33 PM »

balkandina- love the garden, my gourds aren't doing too well, but I planted them so late that I doubt if I get any, oh well.

ptarmic wumpus-  I wasn't aware that there are miniature lotus, I should have known. That picture isn't very good, but she wasn't home and I didn't want to just open the gate and go in. She started with a piece of root about 1 foot long, and that was last year. Peggy has like 5 or 6 ponds, water hyacinths, water lilies, alligator weed, floating hearts, water lettuce, lotus, etc., she even has started a new one for the koi. That lady has more energy than one person should be allowed to have. She is always giving me plants, but by the time I get home, I can't remember what she has given me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Longelegantlegs

Don't touch my nuts.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2007 11:04:51 AM »

Balkandina, your garden is so beautiful! 'Riotous' is the word that comes to mind. I envy you so much.
Remember when I told you that my rose was losing leaves? Well, whatever it is, it destroyed my Salvia and is working on my patchouli.  Angry
I don't understand it...perfectly healthy leaves just drop, and they look they've been sliced off at the base. I can't find any bugs, though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coco Rocha Cuts Off All Her Hair
Braided Undercut
Segmented Ponytail
Long and Woven Braid Tutorial
Hair Tyrant: Making Your Look More Memorable
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...