A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,191
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Garden thru the season shots??  (Read 7546 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Longelegantlegs

Don't touch my nuts.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007 11:05:27 PM »

Balkandina, thanks for the link! I'm going to try my hand at making one of those next week.

I HAD to post pictures of this:

We have carrots! And radishes! I almost peed myself when I saw that they had sprouted. I'm so excited.  Grin

Also, my newest aquisition:

The Evil, the Insidious, the Obscenely Expensive Salvia Divinorum! I don't indulge, I just wanted it because some nitwits are trying to outlaw it here in Texas. (They failed, btw.) It warms my rebellious little heart.
And here it is in it's specialized, scientifically indicated humidity tent:

Straws, a plastic bag and a pyrex baking dish. Voila.

Come on, people, let's see some more garden photos! Y'all inspire me.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007 11:13:41 PM by Longelegantlegs » THIS ROCKS   Logged
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007 07:54:58 AM »

i do think thats the salvia I have been looking for.  where did you get it if you can say. You're inspiring me and right now I am going out to take some picks of my new seedlings i received this year in different swaps.  I bet the senders would love to see what I've grown.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007 09:29:43 AM »

thanks longelegantlegs--you motivated me to finally get outside and take pics of some of my flower beds (esp the plants I received in the 2 garden swaps I was in).
this is the jade plant I received from auntiem (It seems to want to grow backwards no matter which way I turn the pot, so I decided to let it go--Its actually alot taller than it looks like)

here are the yellow tomato plants I grew from seeds also from auntiem.  the upside down planter is not near as large as the ones in the pot even though it was planted first.

and a couple of the first tomatoes

dahlias--also sent by auntiem

group shot of sage and marigolds (grown from seeds from auntiem) and red salvia and iceplant (plants received from kitkabbit)

lavender in bloom (from auntiem)

and an herb pot (seeds and instructions from auntiem)  and I have to say--over the last week this has become one of my favorite things.  the smells and tastes of fresh grown herbs is UNBELIEVABLE.  You can't imagine how many of my friends had to taste them over the last couple of days

mum sent by kitkabbit (fountain by my hubby)

geranium sent by kitkabbit (putting up a good fight to live but appears to be winning.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007 10:12:05 AM »

Great pics, everyone. I'm going to try to post my garden  today-but I'm running my first swap and it takes some time Roll Eyes Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
susankg53
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2007 02:58:07 PM »

these are a few pictures of flowers around the yard, gladiolus by the propane tank, marigolds in a pot in a little rocking chair and the hollyhocks are in the back yard under my kitchen window
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007 03:27:02 PM »

all your flowers are gorgeous but the glad esp.  Unfortunately none of mine came up this year.  but here are some photos of what did

unfortunately, the roses up the front steps are a little squished since some idiot decided it would be nice to drive up on them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susankg53
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007 03:41:43 PM »

your lilies are beautiful, none of mine came back and I accidentally mowed over the other gladiolus, I have more pictures, but they aren't really very good, btw love your dogs, they are beautiful
THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2007 03:46:37 PM »

susankg53- is that a hand painted chair that your  marigolds reside in? I'm a chairaholic-can we see it, please??
unfortunately, the roses up the front steps are a little squished since some idiot decided it would be nice to drive up on them. 
Just curious how someone might mistake your beautiful rose bordered steps for a driveway?Huh And what type of roses are those-they appear to be mighty tough to fight off a car!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007 08:44:53 PM by balkandina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2007 04:49:19 PM »

they are carpet roses and lay pretty close to the ground anyway.  Actually, I don't know if he actually landed on the roses so much as he threw huge pounds of dirt that he dug up in my yard as he flew threw it up the hill to the steps and then flew across the street.  lol.  my hubby was standing 10 feet away from all of this when it happened.  We were also very lucky that none of the dogs were out as they would have been hit since they spend alot of time sitting by the steps being nosy and looking in cars as they drive by.  Any other time they would have been outside with him. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Longelegantlegs

Don't touch my nuts.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2007 07:46:52 PM »

Susan, Supermedic, your flowers are beautiful!
Makes me wish I had more ornamentals.

Supermedic, I got the salvia D. from Ebay...They'll ship it as long as you don't live in a state that has outlawed it. It's supposed to be pretty complicated to grow, but I haven't had any problems with it so far. I'm going to try and make a nicer tent for him eventually. SOmething with clear plastic and a zipper, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Raspberry and Passion Fruit Tarts
Dirty Mint Chip Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe with Coolhaus Ice Cream
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches for a Crowd
National Ice Cream Day to Match Your Mood
How To Make Extreme Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...