A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big bad baby blanket  (Read 2056 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_blanket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blytherue
« on: March 23, 2007 11:23:32 PM »

So I finally have a friend who's pregnant! (I've worked at a maternity store for the past 3 years and not had any pregnant friends  Angry) But I started knitting in December, lo and behold, someone gets pregnant! Anyway, I'm about 1/4th of the way through the Big Bad Baby Blanket from the Stitch N Bitch book. She's having a boy and her boy and her picked out all this cute safari/animal themed bedroom stuff, with giraffes and whatnot, colored mostly khakis and greens (when not animals). So I wanted to pick a yarn that matched, I wanted wool because that's what the pattern recommended, and I wanted it to be easy to care for. Lo! I found this! The Cedar grove color, of course. Knit holding 2 strands together the whole time and not deviating from the pattern at all, it looks like camouflage knitted up! I didn't realize it until I got a good chunk done, but it's awesome! If anyones looking for a yarn that knits up to look exactly like Camouflage, this is it! I just wanted to share that. And I will of course post pictures when it's all done.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You must lash out with all limbs like the octopus who plays the drums
auntiem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007 01:20:42 PM »

How many skeins of the yarn does it take?
I've made this blanket a couple of times, it gets faster and faster and bonus, you can knit while watching tv (once you get past the 20 seed stitch rows).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blytherue
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007 09:23:42 AM »

Yup, most of my knitting is done watching movies at home or in the theatre, or while hubby drives, so it goes pretty quick. I'm halfway done now, but we're in the middle of a move, so I haven't been knitting as often as I was. I think it's going to take 12 balls to make this blanket (the balls of yarn I'm using are on the small side). I have 18 balls though, just to be safe. Not for making adorable baby cargo camo pants, nope, not me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You must lash out with all limbs like the octopus who plays the drums
yberry
A disgrace to the international community of swap organizers.

"Stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007 12:22:26 PM »

I'm starting now... my second is due in 10 weeks, and I decided he deserves one of his own, without all the pinks and purples that I put into his big sister's blanky.

I still have to modify the pattern, because I am using Colinette Jitterbug (I wanted the blanket to be lightweight, and the colorway was to die for...) so now I am just preparing a gauge sample.

So, here we go...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That paper cut is really going to snag on my knitting." - Y. David, Nov. '07
http://yberry.etsy.com
My ATC Gallery
http://yberry.wordpress.com/ - Swap spoilers!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pop-Up Peter Pan Book Trailer
Will Bunch Talks About Tear Down This Myth
Melissa Anelli Talks About Harry, A History
Stephanie McClellan and Beth Hamilton Talk About So Stressed
Illustrator Marla Frazee Shows You All the World
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...