A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,517
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Knits Bonsai Tunic  (Read 11807 times)
Tags for this thread: interweave  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2007 09:27:04 PM »

Done!

It's not the best picture, but I'm just glad that I was finally able to upload it  Grin Like I said previously, my comp has been going crazy, so it's taken forever to get this picture up.

I love it though! This tunic was incredibly cost-effective. Total, I used about 4 1/2 balls of elann sonata. I spent $11 including the 2 balls that I didn't use. I've never had a shirt that was so cheap! I'm planning on wearing it tomorrow to go wedding dress shopping, and hopefully it'll wear as well as I think.

I'm excited about washing this. Sonata fares incredibly well in the wash (and even in the dryer!), and a bit of fabric softener does wonders on it. So soft!

Anybody else have comments to make? It seems this knitalong has come to a standstill.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2007 09:36:53 PM »

yours is gorgeous! mine on the other hand is at a standstill, i made it to the arm hole shaping on the back and realized that it was going to be HUGE on me, the lace part is the perfect size so i need to figure a way to decrease once i get past the ribbing into the smaller size
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2007 09:40:57 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous! Wow! The lace is amazing and I love the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
quikroxy85
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2007 11:49:56 PM »

Wow! that blue is gorgeous... I didn't think I would knit this before now, but... after seeing yours I am definitely considering it! beautiful, and great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zia
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2007 01:26:51 AM »

fragolina_piccolina - That's stunning!!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilacbutterfly
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2007 06:49:19 AM »

That is gorgeous!  Love the colour.  I have so much Sonata in my stash, but I didn't think I'd get gauge.  I'm almost done mine, I'm at picking up the stitches at the armhole, and I hate doing that!  Hopefully I'll get around to doing it this weekend when I have more time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
caflygrl
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2007 10:58:23 AM »

Wow fragolina! That is so beautiful!! I saw it in the mag and I was thinking "eh..." but now that I see it on you and I want to make it so bad! Can I ask you what size you made?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2007 08:38:58 PM »

*Blush* You girls are so sweet!

superstitch- Why don't you just keep using the smaller needles from the middle to knit up the back? Or, you could always forgo the increases after the waist. Whichever you choose, I just hope you finish it and get to enjoy all of the knitting time that you've put into it already.

lilacbutterfly- I didn't really get gauge with sonata. In fact, I was a bit under. It worked to my advantage though.

caflygrl- I didn't really make a "size". The smallest size was too big, so I followed most of the increases and decreases, but with fewer sts. If you want to know more of the specifics of what I did, you can PM me, and I'll tell you. I just don't want to clutter up the knitalong with a page full of specifics.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
soobeeoz
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2007 11:36:09 PM »

It's beautiful!  Love that shade of blue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please feel free to check out my Dating and Tiffany Ring blogs.  A few more are listed on my profile page.  Smiley

http://www.safedatings.com

http://www.cheapweddingringssets.com
pacasha
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2008 04:21:58 PM »

ok, after almost a year of really wanting to knit this, here goes!

i, too, am using sonata in some green color. i forget. unfortunately i'm knitting for my sister in law and its a surprise, so gauge will be an educated guess. i'm hoping i'll get a random phone call saying she hates green so i can keep it for myself. i think a few more months at the gym will help it look good on me.

anyone else not too distracted by other projects care to embark?

by the way, i had never ordered from elann and was afraid it was all novelty yarn upon first glance, but let me tell you people, i got a HUGE box yesterday with amazing yarn for 7 different projects for under $100, including yarn for a sweater for DH.

i am an elann convert. i love all of this stuff. maybe i should start an elann fan post.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bread Tomatoes when Making Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Onion Tomato Ragu to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Preserved Lemons to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Ricotta Salata to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Aioli to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...