A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Knits Bonsai Tunic  (Read 11085 times)
Tags for this thread: interweave  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2007 09:27:04 PM »

Done!

It's not the best picture, but I'm just glad that I was finally able to upload it  Grin Like I said previously, my comp has been going crazy, so it's taken forever to get this picture up.

I love it though! This tunic was incredibly cost-effective. Total, I used about 4 1/2 balls of elann sonata. I spent $11 including the 2 balls that I didn't use. I've never had a shirt that was so cheap! I'm planning on wearing it tomorrow to go wedding dress shopping, and hopefully it'll wear as well as I think.

I'm excited about washing this. Sonata fares incredibly well in the wash (and even in the dryer!), and a bit of fabric softener does wonders on it. So soft!

Anybody else have comments to make? It seems this knitalong has come to a standstill.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2007 09:36:53 PM »

yours is gorgeous! mine on the other hand is at a standstill, i made it to the arm hole shaping on the back and realized that it was going to be HUGE on me, the lace part is the perfect size so i need to figure a way to decrease once i get past the ribbing into the smaller size
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2007 09:40:57 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous! Wow! The lace is amazing and I love the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
quikroxy85
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2007 11:49:56 PM »

Wow! that blue is gorgeous... I didn't think I would knit this before now, but... after seeing yours I am definitely considering it! beautiful, and great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zia
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2007 01:26:51 AM »

fragolina_piccolina - That's stunning!!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilacbutterfly
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2007 06:49:19 AM »

That is gorgeous!  Love the colour.  I have so much Sonata in my stash, but I didn't think I'd get gauge.  I'm almost done mine, I'm at picking up the stitches at the armhole, and I hate doing that!  Hopefully I'll get around to doing it this weekend when I have more time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
caflygrl
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2007 10:58:23 AM »

Wow fragolina! That is so beautiful!! I saw it in the mag and I was thinking "eh..." but now that I see it on you and I want to make it so bad! Can I ask you what size you made?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2007 08:38:58 PM »

*Blush* You girls are so sweet!

superstitch- Why don't you just keep using the smaller needles from the middle to knit up the back? Or, you could always forgo the increases after the waist. Whichever you choose, I just hope you finish it and get to enjoy all of the knitting time that you've put into it already.

lilacbutterfly- I didn't really get gauge with sonata. In fact, I was a bit under. It worked to my advantage though.

caflygrl- I didn't really make a "size". The smallest size was too big, so I followed most of the increases and decreases, but with fewer sts. If you want to know more of the specifics of what I did, you can PM me, and I'll tell you. I just don't want to clutter up the knitalong with a page full of specifics.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
soobeeoz
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2007 11:36:09 PM »

It's beautiful!  Love that shade of blue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please feel free to check out my Dating and Tiffany Ring blogs.  A few more are listed on my profile page.  Smiley

http://www.safedatings.com

http://www.cheapweddingringssets.com
pacasha
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2008 04:21:58 PM »

ok, after almost a year of really wanting to knit this, here goes!

i, too, am using sonata in some green color. i forget. unfortunately i'm knitting for my sister in law and its a surprise, so gauge will be an educated guess. i'm hoping i'll get a random phone call saying she hates green so i can keep it for myself. i think a few more months at the gym will help it look good on me.

anyone else not too distracted by other projects care to embark?

by the way, i had never ordered from elann and was afraid it was all novelty yarn upon first glance, but let me tell you people, i got a HUGE box yesterday with amazing yarn for 7 different projects for under $100, including yarn for a sweater for DH.

i am an elann convert. i love all of this stuff. maybe i should start an elann fan post.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Ceramic Art
Top 5 High Tech Public Art Masterpieces
Ed Seese Glass Marbles Artist in Woodford Virginia Part 1/2
Ed Seese Glass Marbles Artist in Woodford Virginia Part 2/2
How to Carve a 2009 Wood Christmas Ornament
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...