A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,471
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Knits Bonsai Tunic  (Read 10857 times)
Tags for this thread: interweave  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lizellis22
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007 06:28:06 PM »

I know it's redundant, but, Gloriana- LOVE it.  So beautiful!  Good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007 09:34:42 AM »

PROGRESS PICTURE TIME!!

That has to be the crappiest pic that I have ever taken. But at least it's a picture! I'm doing the armscye shaping on the back right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
gloriana
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007 10:28:36 AM »

I think it's looking lovely.  That color is stunning. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
pregnantknitting
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007 10:10:16 AM »

Hi i just joined craftster and i'm a total nerd. knit history: never knit a gauge, learned from books, knit 2 sweaters, no scarves, i'm hoping this will be my first that really works out. the style is so pretty. i'm using a deep purple yarn- just cast on last night.  i have NO skills so i won't be of any use for advice but i can tell you how this is going and maybe you can help me with suggestions.
i don't know how to post a picture but i have one and i'm about 12 rows in.  i am also making it less tunic-y and more regular length normal-y.  i only cast on 75 so the bottom wouldn't start out as wide. and i don't think i'll do too many decreases before the waist ribbing.
 oh, nevermind- i see you have to post 10 times before you're in the privileged photo clique.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragolina_piccolina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007 05:43:47 PM »

pregnantknitting- Did you knit a gauge swatch for this? It's essential to getting an end product that actually fits!

You should go around replying so that we can see the picture! I'm dying to see another progress pic of this. What kind of yarn did you use? Purple should be pretty ;o)

Oh, and I judge by your username that you're expecting. Is that right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
amyb444
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007 06:36:57 PM »

Hi everyone, I am thinking of making this in elann's sonata.... I get to buy yarn as my reward to myself for finishing all my stupid research papers of the semester.

fragolina- Did you end up using sonata? (Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it!) The stitch definition looks really nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pregnantknitting
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007 07:07:17 PM »

i know!  i am tempted to just write some useless comments to increase my post number and be able to post a picture.  (oh, wait!  this is a useless comment!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pregnantknitting
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007 07:13:09 PM »

My 4th little one is due in 4 months and my belly makes it REALLY difficult to get a good fit (i'd like to wear my sweaters for more than 2 weeks before my body type changes AGAIN) 
right now i'm working off a very AWESOME tutorial i found a link to on here about how to make a knitting pattern for yourself.
http://zeitgeistyarns.blogspot.com/2007/01/tutorial-how-to-custom-fit-sweater.html

i used a shirt that fit me...once...long ago.  It's knitting up really nice and easy.  i'm on the arm-shaping of the back.  exciting stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pregnantknitting
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007 07:15:44 PM »

and yes, i'm just pretending i didn't hear that question about the gauge swatch...fragolina.
these look so lovely...if mine turns out anything close to that i'll be thrilled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragolina_piccolina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007 10:51:11 PM »

Hi everyone, I am thinking of making this in elann's sonata.... I get to buy yarn as my reward to myself for finishing all my stupid research papers of the semester.

fragolina- Did you end up using sonata? (Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it!) The stitch definition looks really nice.

Yeah, I did end up using sonata. It's working up great on smaller needles (because of beforementioned sizing issues), and I'm hoping that it'll fit right!

One oddball sonata factoid- I've used this color of sonata previously, and then made the lucky sweater out of their rosetta color. The bonsai tunic that I'm making is at the same gauge as the lucky sweater was, on the same size needles- but both projects in the light turqouise feel lots softer than the rosetta! I'm thinking maybe the darker dyes have something to do with the yarn not softening up? Weird!

My 4th little one is due in 4 months and my belly makes it REALLY difficult to get a good fit (I'd like to wear my sweaters for more than 2 weeks before my body type changes AGAIN) 
right now I'm working off a very AWESOME tutorial i found a link to on here about how to make a knitting pattern for yourself.
http://zeitgeistyarns.blogspot.com/2007/01/tutorial-how-to-custom-fit-sweater.html

i used a shirt that fit me...once...long ago.  It's knitting up really nice and easy.  i'm on the arm-shaping of the back.  exciting stuff!

That must be pretty frustrating to spend so much time knitting something for your current size, and only being able to wear it twice or so before you get too big for it! Have you considered doing something to expand your wearing options (like knitting a st st insert for each side, and adding an invisible zipper to it, so that it could be worn either in the "small" size, or the expanded size)? It could be the stylish option that coincides with the "maternity elastic button closure" that allows you to wear those jeans for an extra few weeks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Speed Quarters
How to Play Quarters
How to Play Thumper
How to Move Original Music to MySpace
How to Play Paintball Like Rambo
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...