A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Knits Bonsai Tunic  (Read 10795 times)
Tags for this thread: interweave  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blck_celebrtion
Misanthrope extraordinaire

Misanthrope extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007 07:54:09 AM »

Wowie wow wow, it looks AWESOME on you and the color is so pretty!  Jealous ;(
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007 08:57:50 AM »

That looks GREAT Gloriana! I noticed that you used smaller needles than called for in the pattern. Did you do so to get gauge, or to suit the yarn you were working with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
soobeeoz
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007 03:50:42 PM »

This is on my list, but I don't know when I'll be starting.  Yours looks fantastic, Gloriana!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please feel free to check out my Dating and Tiffany Ring blogs.  A few more are listed on my profile page.  Smiley

http://www.safedatings.com

http://www.cheapweddingringssets.com
jesdmill
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007 06:00:24 PM »

Wow, that's so cute!  I definitely like it better on you than in the magazine.  This might even have to go on my list.  I can't wait to see more finished ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fragolina_piccolina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007 11:57:41 AM »

For anyone that's interested in seeing a second finished bonsai tunic, go here.

The author used the recommended yarn (even the same color!), but changed up the pattern a bit by using short row shaping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
bubblegirl
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007 12:39:27 PM »

I love this tunic, too! I'm currently working on the Petunia Tote so maybe when I get that done I'll start this.. though, I'm still quite the beginner. We'll see. I know I am making it sometime over the next few months.

...I started the petunia tote too, but I'm bad about working on lots of different projects at the same time. The tote is working up faster than expected though. How is yours coming along?

Oh goodness, I wish I could say I was almost done but I've been knitting at the rate of a row per day - mainly because I'm getting way too distracted from the work I should be doing for school lol. Hopefully as soon as this week is over and I don't have to be on the computer typing away, I can study and knit at the same time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007 01:17:50 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments, folks.  Fragolina, I used a different needle size to suit the weight of the Cathay yarn - my gauge was actually slightly smaller than the gauge called for in the pattern because I thought my swatch on bigger needles left too many holes in the fabric.  It worked out okay, since I made the 38" size and my finished tunic came out closer to my actual bust size, 36".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
fragolina_piccolina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007 09:43:57 PM »

I finally started this piece with a clear conscience last night! I knew that I would have to do a little creative work when it came to sizing (I'm too small for patterns!), so I got to work with my options needle set in one hand (love 'em!), tape measurer in the other, and a calculator beside me. I ended up using a size 5 needle for 24 sts per 4", and I cut out 9 sts (CO 76). To do that, I had to take out one purl st between each pattern repeat, and 1 st on each st st edge. Phew!

Now that that's out of the way, the pattern is easily memorized, and I'm 5" into the back piece. I took a pic to show you guys, but my USB connector is acting up Embarrassed. I'll try to get a picture up here tomorrow though- I have to find my other connector.

How is everyone doing on this? Has anyone else cast on yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
littlecindy
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007 03:13:20 PM »

wow.  i knew i wanted to knit that seeing in the magazine, but gloriana, that's absolutely beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007 03:52:13 PM »

Gloriana,
That is stunning!
Makes me want to try this pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic Adobe After Effects CS4 Tutorial
How to UVW Map and Texture - 3ds Max Part 1/2
How to Play Video In Reverse - Sony Vegas
Basics of Modeling - 3ds Max
How to Add a Watermark to Video - Sony Vegas Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...