A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aleita Shell, Interweave Knits this spring  (Read 1782 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Celeste Chalfonte
« on: April 01, 2008 05:00:08 AM »

I've got another beautiful project, which is on my wish-list:  Aleita Shell by Bonne Marie Burns. I think, it's an easy and fast knit, right for the new spring. I want to use my 9 skeins of Bambou Soft (Austermann) and I hope that's enough. But I have to make a gauge first. Is anyone interested in knitting this tank, too?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008 05:02:44 AM by Celeste Chalfonte » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Boffcat
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008 07:35:02 AM »

Oooh, I just finished this! A link to my post is here, if you're interested. I hugely enjoyed knitting it, and I'd have thought 9 skeins of the Bambou Soft was easily enough - I only used just over 500 yards (admittedly for the smallest size), and that was of a slightly finer-weight yarn.

Can't wait to see pictures!

(Edited to correct my curious inability to spell one-letter words...)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008 10:22:44 AM by Boffcat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who would have thought - I have a blog!
Celeste Chalfonte
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008 08:23:17 AM »

Oooh, I just finished this! A link to my post is here, if you're interested. It hugely enjoyed knitting it, and I'd have thought 9 skeins of the Bambou Soft was easily enough - I only used just over 500 yards (admittedly for the smallest size), and that was of a slightly finer-weight yarn.

Can't wait to see pictures!

I posted there  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knifty
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008 08:47:39 AM »

Oh! I just cast on for this a few days ago! I'm taking the big leap away from hats, gloves, scarves, and socks to start on an actual *garment.* I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm crossing my fingers that it will turn out ok!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Celeste Chalfonte
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008 04:31:39 AM »

It will be, of cause! Don't worry!

Yesterday evening I started with enthusiasm: I knitted one skein up. Nice yarn this Bambou Soft by Austermann: very soft, shiny, on metal needles a little bit slippery to knit with, but this doesn't matter to me, because I can check my tension between sometimes boring right stitches (Good for me, there was Dr. House on TV.). This yarn is 3-plied and each strand has a silky feeling. But enough from that advertising.
I'm eager to see your tanks and if I can manage mine with my nine skeins. ( If you could find mistakes (holymoly you can!)- you can keep them  Wink.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Celeste Chalfonte
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008 11:24:28 PM »

Another evening, another skein. I left the first dec and the first inc out, also I had not used the smaller circular needle ( twin-belly and 10 kg to much weight) at the beginning. I'm thinking about a second shell in cotton-viscose blend in lilac. Yes, I know, that's pretty much to early to say...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Celeste Chalfonte
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008 01:57:21 AM »

So, now I have to divide for the front overlap and to find my second circular.
Also I have to solve a problem with the following waist increases. I'm not understanding what they mean with: increase at waist every 6th row once (10th row after last waist increase), then every 10th row once.  Huh What I have to do now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Celeste Chalfonte
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008 04:24:45 AM »

I looked the model under her right arm and decided, to go on as before: increase in the 10th row and this two times again, but i will change the increases into left stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Celeste Chalfonte
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008 12:33:25 AM »

Yesterday evening I divided for the fronts and the back. Now I'm going to knit both fronts at the same time (with two skeins of cause).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Final Cut Studio 2: Using Color
Motion 3: Quick Tip on Using Cameras
Motion 3: Butterflies and Lens Flares
Motion 3: Zoom Blur
Motion 3: Using Multiple Masks
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...