A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Save The Dates  (Read 1486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*MAR*
« on: March 23, 2007 02:14:38 PM »

We're having two receptions out of consideration for our guests. It is really sucking having to get everything done for both receptions and the ceremony. Having a freak out week!

Here's the Save The Dates for our second reception in Michigan. I'm starting to question why I didn't carry the theme from the Chicago ceremony/reception into the other reception. But, I HAD to have another pallette of colours, didn't I?  Wink

Finished front of the std, monogram by Aylee NYC:
(if you want her info, to have her design one for you, she did three for me, shoot me an e-mail)

The inside (ignore the tissue, it is in there 'til the tacky tape dries):

Santa's little workshop, and her necessary continuously full cup of coffee:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beatluv
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007 05:31:49 AM »

Ha, that is one big cup of coffee!

How long did it take you to do all those STDs?  Are there three pieces assembled on the front?  They look great.  Aylee did a good job with the monogram.   They look great overall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007 09:20:03 AM »

I should post my other two monograms, they are so preeeeeeeeetty!  Smiley  She is awesome!

On the front, the ribbon wraps around so the ends are under the monogram. The monogram is printed on a heavy white cardstock, then I cut out a piece of "stardream" paper in the blue, just a bit bigger, used a corner punch to round all the corners, put the white monogram part on the blue stardream with foam mounting dots, to give them some heighth - then added that to the card with double sided adhesive.

How long did it take? Oy vey. Too long. I finished last night at 1am. My FI's father is coming to visit today, and is taking them home with him for his wife to mail out. So, just in time. All told, about a week. We went to USPS.com to pick out stamps - they have some really cute blue "love birds" that went well with the save-the-dates.

I do recommend uploading the Avery labelmaker program to your computer, to help with printing some of this stuff. They have great templates, and it is free. That is how I printed out all the monograms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nevergirl

lalalalalaLAlalalalala

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007 07:25:19 PM »

I'd love to see the other two monograms if you have them..  Grin The first one is so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007 08:59:21 PM »

That double-sided, roll-on tape is some of the best stuff on earth. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
*MAR*
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007 10:12:19 PM »

I should have bought stock in those tape runners before the wedding. I think I went through about 100 of them with all the diy projects!

Here's all our monograms. They were fun to have made. I want to use the green one on our wedding announcements.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Roast Sticky, Saucy Ribs with Curtis Stone
How to Make a Delicious Open-Faced Sandwich
Super Bowl Recipes: Halftime Feast
Crafting the Perfect Super Bowl Chicken Wing
How to Make a ‘Breakfast Club Sandwich’
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...