A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Exchange a book swap round 2: the gallery  (Read 8080 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2007 07:36:52 AM »

As promised, here are the photos of my fab stuff from RubyTuesday:

Everything together. The book is It's What He Would've Wanted by Sean Hughes. I can't wait to start reding it -- it sounds great.

Cloud 9 brooch. Sooo cute! As you can see it's already pinned to my jacket.

I Can See Clearly Now the Rain Has Gone sun pendant:

Four Seasons in One Day earrings:

I Don't Care What the Weatherman Says bookmark. Look at the little raindrops!

And last but not least... a Happy Hippo with a cocktail umbrella!

Thanks for being such a great partner RubyTuesday Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
dizzydragonfly
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2007 09:48:33 AM »

This is a very cool swap! Darn I wish I hadn't been bogged down with work this semester...I would have loved to have been a part of this one...especially seeing all of the fabulous craftiness of the swappers.

Please tell me there will be another round!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The crafter formerly known as jesssf!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.   - Eleanor Roosevelt
___________________ ___________________ ____

http://dizzydragonfly.blogspot.com

Wists
crafty_karen1
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2007 12:07:21 AM »

What a fantastic package. The cloud pin is so cute!

I am sure there will be a second round as this one has proven to be popular.  If there is another later in the year I know I will probably sign up for it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2007 11:30:30 AM »

I've gotten the most wonderful package today, and I'd scream a lot about it now except they're demanding me to be on Ventrilo for a guild meeting in WoW while I'm typing this... Didn't get an answer about whether I can avoid actually logging on, so I'm pretending that's okay... but lots of talking in my head! Wink

Anyway, to the point
I LOVE everything and I have about as big a crush on crafty_karen1 as I do on my boyfriend right now, because this is all so... perfect.

This is the book I got, and actually one I was hoping for from our discussions Cheesy

Together with this I got this dreamy bookmark, a beautiful cross stitch design which is exactly to my taste. The feel of it is what I tend to describe as "feels like rain", the same thing I like in Gaiman's books, and  so on

She also embroidered this beautiful dragon and attached it to this wonderful notebook

I want to put it on my wall on display, the entire notebook, but I guess I'll have to learn to use notebooks instead of being afraid of using them for things that aren't worthy Roll Eyes

Last craft, but not the least, are these wonderful dodo notecards! Unfortunately two corner flowers fell off the "top" card of the stack, it's standing in the back here, but it's still beautiful. She says it's the only craft related to the contents of the book, and I'm very curious to find out what it is Cheesy Last book I read that mentioned a Dodo was the first of the Dirk Gently books, and I adored that one, so just Dodos existing in this book excites me as to see how come! Wink

AND she included a craft magazine for me!

It's really fun, I haven't read it but I've leafed through it very thoroughly Wink

And she says this is just the first package o_O She must be insane. So now I'm thinking that since she says she doesn't have a lot of crafting experience outside embroidery and paper crafts, I hope what I send will suffice from sheer "she's not used to doing that craft herself" Cheesy

Ok, this was probably a way too long post, and not long enough to justify what I got, because I'm trying to listen to our bozz on ventrilo, but I think I got my major point across:
I completely adore everything I've gotten.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
gumshoegal
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2007 05:44:34 PM »

is there going to be a round 3? this swap looks like so much fun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_karen1
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007 12:36:06 AM »

yeah Grin! I'm glad you like it all. Sorry the flowers fell off. A little glue will stick them back down again  Smiley. Parcel number 2 will be sent out to you on Friday (not going to get to go to the post office today after all).

Don't sell yourself too short. I am sure that whatever you are sending is fantastic and I can't wait to see it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007 02:46:39 AM »

For some obscure reason, the dodo cards didn't make it into my post, so I'm posting again Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007 07:52:10 AM »

The Eyre Affair is such a good book. You're going to love it. Great parcel too. I love the dragon journal Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
Mave

do-dee-do-do-dee-do-dodododo

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2007 10:25:40 AM »

what gorgeous packages everyone!  i think mine might be waiting at the PO for me - i'm going to check tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my (very short!) wist http://www.wists.com/MaveH
kantha_stich
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007 12:10:08 PM »

I've been remiss inposting,  I got my package from the wonderful Dutchclassic on Saturday while I was out of town.  I opened it up Sunday and LOVE it!!

Thanks so much Dutchclassic...I'm starting that book as soon as I get through Obama's book...

The cool ass bag!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/elysianfields/vividity.jpg?t=1176318416

The very cool looking book,,,and fimo bead bookmark....I could have sworn I got an independant pic of that.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/elysianfields/Carshowweekend069.jpg?t=1176318591
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 04:31:48 PM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?".

Wist this way!.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Personalize Napkins for the Holidays
How to Build a Holiday Centerpiece
What Happened To Handmade?
DIY Gift Idea: How to Make Holiday Snack Packs
DIY Gift Idea: How to Make a Gold Glitter Pillow Case
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...