A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,420
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first dress of Spring! 99cents pattern plus thrift store fabric find!  (Read 3599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: March 20, 2007 10:59:16 PM »

I made this dress in about 2 hours.  It was super easy because you use a stretch fabric (Yeah, no zippers!) I think it's really comfy, fits all body types, and in a solid color I can dress this up for work.  You can't see very well, but it has puff sleeves with a band at the cuff and elastic at the empire waist. 
Do you like? *You should make one! lol

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009 08:28:03 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007 11:22:44 PM »

Cute!!!  This color really suits you, and you're right . . . this would be a great dress for work in a solid color. 

Nice work, I wish I could finish a dress in two hours!

I know a girl, who had premarital sex?  Do you know what she did on graduation day?  DIED! -- Mr. Weir, Freaks and Geeks

Old, but not rotten...yet.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007 07:15:32 AM »

Really CUTE!! I love the idea of stretch-no-zipper-or buttons Cheesy  oh, yeaaaaah.  I've been looking for this kind of pattern and can't believe you got it at 99c store! arrrrghhh....the years I've been searching, lol!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007 08:11:08 AM »

That is a cute little dress, perfect for the babydoll styles this summer. Plus, in a stretch knit, it's way comfortable, too. That for thrifted pattern and cloth. Wow. That is a true bargain. Would you post the pattern number if you think of it? Sometimes you can find the old ones on ebay or at etsy.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007 08:35:18 AM »

That is adorable!!

"Rast ich, so rost ich." [German Proverb]
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007 09:34:18 AM »

Thanks everyone for the compliments! But I actually got the pattern at Hancock Fabric for 99cents when they had a special.  I'll post the pattern # later, but it's a Butterick "easy" style. And yes, my daughters want me to make the dress into babydoll tops for them.  There were only 6 pattern pieces to use; front and back bodice, sleeve, skirt front and back, and a piece for the neckline trim and the band on the sleeves.  Please post if anyone makes one.

Say hello to my lil' friend!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007 10:35:50 AM »

i'm making something out of this pattern right now! Hooray 99cent patterns!

glad to see the end product looks good.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007 02:12:22 PM »

So Cute! I love an easy pattern! Does this dress go below the knees or above?

"Do the best you can, then to hell with it!" Eunice Kennedy-Shriver
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007 05:31:02 AM »

Great dress!  Isn't it a fabulous feeling when you can make something that looks so darn good without spending a lot of money?  I just love that feeling.  Anyway, you did awesome...I am inspired to shop for some discount fabric and make myself a great dress...(already got a bunch of .99 patterns, best thing ever.)  Keep it up and remember to share your pics!!

out into the wild boo yonder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007 06:54:37 AM »

Adorable!  Why is it I can never find thrift store fabric?  Or, when I do it is always some awful double-knit poly stuff that feels just yucky?  Lucky you!

Excess aint rebellion. Youre drinking what theyre selling. Your self-destruction doesnt hurt them. Your chaos wont convert them. Theyre so happy to rebuild it. Youll never really kill it. Yeah, excess aint rebellion.
- Cake
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Roasted Acorn Squash Gnocchi
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...