A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,397
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who do you use/Who should I use for webhosting?  (Read 38888 times)
Tags for this thread: webhosting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dylan
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2004 08:05:51 AM »

I use geocities and I love it. I use the free package, but the one that you pay for, comes with a lot more space and I am sure would be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linds3485
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2004 04:15:02 PM »

So I'm taking the plunge and registering a domain name for my website... (I've been using a free hosting service up until now, but decided I needed a more professional appearance to increase my sales).

Anyone have any suggestions for the best hosting service for a growing business (or hopefully growing?) I've been using bravenet... anyone have any good/bad experiences with them? it's definitely got the cheapest basic hosting package... but I'm not sure exactly what I need as far as services. Anyone know any really good (and cheap) website hosts? What do I need to look for to determine if a host is good/bad? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
-Lindsay
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007 12:25:05 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
CheetahChiq78
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2004 04:26:28 PM »

Try www.GoDaddy.com You can do EVERYTHING thru there - name registration, hosting, etc - and they're really helpful and inexpensive! I use them for my website.

Good luck!

BTW...I LOVE your purses!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004 04:30:07 PM by CheetahChiq78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
iheartalex
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2004 04:30:15 PM »

Huh
okay.... I want to start an online store. I have a paypal account, but i dont know how to set up a webpage. I know how to make one in publisher and using html, but does anyone know any good free hosts/places to make a webpage? Thankyou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linds3485
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2004 04:45:15 PM »

Thank you!

Just another question for anyone who wants to answer - is paying for a domain/hosting even worth it? The free one I have now is fine (except for the ads and the long web address)... I guess i'm just wary to spend money before I've actually made any profit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2004 04:54:51 PM »

I think it is definately worth it. People will be more likely to spend money on your website if it looks more professional, and trustworthy. You can get a cheap host for now, and if you business grows and you need a bigger package, just upgrade!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007 12:25:24 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linds3485
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2004 04:57:41 PM »

Thanks for that... I do understand, and I am in the process of purchasing a domain (.net... oh well) despite the costs. hopefully it'll pay off in the long run.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007 12:25:32 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhythmgrl
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2004 06:51:25 PM »

Lindsay -
My site is hosted through http://www.aplus.net - I really like their customer service, and they have great plans with high rates of up time.  It's definitely worth it to invest in something like this, and you tend to get a discount when you pay for a year up front.

Good luck!
~erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ndnchick

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2004 09:02:12 AM »

I just registered on Bravenet last night.  How do you get the view carts and everything?  I have been working on this for a few hours now, and am WAY lost!    Undecided  Any tips on how to set the page up? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linds3485
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2004 09:08:00 AM »

The cart comes from Paypal... if you go to www.paypal.com there is a really easy merchants tool to set up a shopping cart. I designed my own buttons, but you can choose from a few standard options they have there.

As far as designing the page, bravenet is really easy. If you use the website wizard you can choose from a few different layouts... they give you tons of color combinations, and then you just fill in your text. But be sure you use the website wizard... if you use the visual editor or whatever its called then all the layout and html is up to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Orange Slime
How to Make Yellow Slime
How to Make Red Slime
How to Make Pink Slime
How to Make Slime
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...