A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Carpet should be banned from crafty homes.  (Read 29285 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007 09:41:55 PM »

Ahh Yes!  And this is why I have hard wood in my house now, and my craft room has linoleum (sp?).  I know it sounds insane, but it's yucky so I don't care about it and I can see everything!  Good luck with your apartment, and cheers to you for banning carpet.  Personally, I think it should everywhere.

P.S.  Here here for the CCA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darksidevegan
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007 11:25:39 AM »

Carpet and needles do not mix well. I've found many a pin in my carpet. It's pretty scary for me b/c when I was a kid my mom stepped on a needle and it broke off in her foot! She had to go through surgery to get it out. So needless to say I'm happy I'm moving back in w/ my parents.. and tile floors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.krisaki.wordpre ss.com
Bento. Fashion. Crafts.

buy clothing, purses, and accesories from me at
sweetheart.etys.com
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007 11:37:54 AM »

I have stepped on SO many needles it's not even funny, and I never remember dropping the things!
Now I'm paranoid because last year I stepped on a toothpick and had to get a good half inch of it cut out of my foot.  Couldn't walk for DAYS.

Carpet is bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
BYA

Cunning, don't ya think?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007 11:45:36 AM »

I have a recliner that I sit in while I loom knit. I have been trying to finish 3 folk art dolls (great way to use up little odds and ends of yarn) and I didn't want to vacuum until I was done.

It looks like a bag of yarn exploded on it. Tongue

I should take a picture before I clean up after work tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's a real burn, being right so often" - Malcomb Reynolds

Some of my illustrations:
http://www.dreamstime.com/easystreet_portfolio_pg1
My greeting card store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/easystreet
ivycircle
Spinstress Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007 03:56:35 PM »

I haaaaaaaaate carpet. Not just the me screwing it up with my attepts at being "artsy" but the fact that God knows what people have been doing with these carpets before I got here. (We live in military housing  Roll Eyes ) I'd love to rip them out. I'd rather have bare concrete than this nasty stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gwydion
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007 07:31:41 AM »

I haaaaaaaaate carpet. Not just the me screwing it up with my attepts at being "artsy" but the fact that God knows what people have been doing with these carpets before I got here. (We live in military housing  Roll Eyes ) I'd love to rip them out. I'd rather have bare concrete than this nasty stuff.

I'm wondering whether our new landlord would notice if I DID rip it out.  Cheesy  It's old carpet, anyway, and DH had a fit about it not being properly cleaned... so we spent half the weekend sitting with all our stuff in a truck waiting for Stanley Steemer to work magic!

After the aggravation of dealing with the carpet at our old place, DH has threatened doom and destruction if I mess the carpet up in the NEW house.  Ha.  I give it two weeks, and pins, thread snippets, loose beads and mysterious spots will appear from thin air--sort of parthenogenesis for craft debris. Tongue  Anybody know where to find a portable room-sized force field?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elextra
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007 08:13:09 AM »

I am so glad I don't have any carpet, there's some in the upstairs hallway..which is just a magnet for bits of thread and yarn. I have NO idea where it comes from, especially because I don't do my crafting anywhere near it. And..I know from that same carpet that glitter is almost impossible to vacuum out. But I also know that you should thoroughly clean up spilled glitter from hardwood as fast as possible, because you never know who's going to come along and wax the floors so the glitter is embedded in the floor forever. My dad wasn't happy with that, but there's still glitter and pieces of confetti in the kitchen floor from when I was like..6.

It's really weird the bits and pieces you'll find in carpet...and kinda scary too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennette
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007 09:28:24 AM »

I have two little ones and no matter how hard I try to get all the yarn and thread scraps up one of them finds it and puts it in her mouth.  Multi-colored baby hair balls??  Uck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hydro
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007 03:09:53 PM »

Multi-colored baby hair balls??  Uck.

Oh.  Dear.  God.

Thank you for that nice big dose of birth control.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007 05:16:39 PM »

Wow, the joys of babydom.  I guess I just  lucked out because mine doesn't put things in her mouth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 2
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 5
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 4
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 1
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...