A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: **Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes from Ticketmaster this month!  Enter now through MAY 20.  Good luck, Craftsters!!
Total Members: 309,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first Convertible dress w/lots of pics and smiles  (Read 25896 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenille
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007 07:40:11 AM »

Beautiful! It's a great colour choice for you too! I think that this dress is universally flattering, it looks great on everyone!

I totally agree. I have yet to see a person who's made one of these and didn't look good in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.blogspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
safrolistics
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007 11:05:21 AM »

Ooh, I love it.....want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pink_ink82
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007 08:44:57 PM »

very beautiful dress i like how you can change it so that its not always the same look.  i hate when i have to dress up and i only have 1 or 2 things to wear and everyone has already seen them.. this is great for that it can look different almost every time!!! GREAT WORK!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

have twins, need coffee
jutybo
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007 11:05:48 AM »

Wow!!! Great job!!!  I REALLY like the way you modified the waistband part- I struggle with covering up what I refer to affectionately as my "back boobs", and you've just fixed my problem for me!  The last time I made one of these I was pregnant, and I've been afraid to try ever since... but I think you just motivated me to give it another try.  Thanks, and you're going to look fabulous at the wedding!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sharpie_slut
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007 08:34:50 AM »

I really love that dress! It's freakin' awesome. I'm gunna make me one... some day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will trade for spinning fibers!! PM me please!!
http://www.wists.com/sharpie_slut
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007 01:36:41 AM »

oh it looks lovely! i love this dress and all its variations. i think you did a good job to add an additional piece as tube top, i am thinking the same thing if i ever attempt to do this dress with my very poor skills...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beantown
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007 02:26:43 AM »

Beautiful dress!  I love that you posted the pictures of it in stages.  It's going to help me tons when I make mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafting addict!

Visit my blog!
Bernadette
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007 04:30:41 AM »

you did a wonderful job, it's beautiful and you look amazing in it! how long did it take you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Addicted to all things art
karls_mommy
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007 01:09:28 PM »

Very nice! And it's true, that color is very flattering on you.  I bet you're a happy gal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenille
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007 01:14:25 PM »

you did a wonderful job, it's beautiful and you look amazing in it! how long did it take you?

It didn't take overly long. I'd say maybe 2 to 3 hours. When I bought my fabric I had them cut one piece a little longer than the the length I needed for the strap and I only had to cut the straps the width ed. I also had them cut what I needed for the skirt seperately from the straps, so i jsut had to fold and cut my skirt. I'm cutting my circle skirts as long as I can get them out of my fabric now because i can always shorten them, but It's almost impossible to make them longer. I made the waist band and tube top parts out of the leftovers from the straps. That made it all go quicker. Once I got everything pinned correctly. ( I had to do it twice the first time cause I twisted it) it was just a matter of sewing the seams.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.blogspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Haunted House
How to Make a Pinata
How to Make Bunny Ears
How to Choose the Right Needles for a Knitting Project
How to Turn a Large Sock Into a Tiny Dog Sweater
Latest Blog Articles
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug
Road Trip!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...