A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Drawings for my application to RISD  (Read 1159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

socksuka
« on: March 18, 2007 02:30:17 PM »

I'm applying to the industrial design program at the Rhode Island School of Design for next fall and I had to do three drawings for my application.  The first had to be of a bike, the second of an interior or exterior environment and the third could be anything I wanted.  The first and third came out the best, because I did the third on the day the application was due. Wink

I'd love comments!  My theme was looking at things from another perspective.

Bike

Sorry for the awful quality of the photos.  I couldn't use flash because it reflected weirdly off the graphite.  Finished sizes are 16x20 (although the bike is 18x24 because the photo was taken before I trimmed it).  I took photos of my subjects first and then sketched from printouts.  I don't do well if my subjects move. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you have come to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is tied up with mine, then let us work together." - Lily Watson, Aboriginal Activist and Social Worker
Spiderbite

Write your fears in here, my dear...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007 03:29:41 PM »

Very nice. I just graduated from RISD's illustration department in 2006. I remember having to do the bike drawing and all. Isn't it sad that you are going to have to fold your drawings in half and half again? Good luck with your application, but judging from these drawings I wouldn't think you'd have any problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check my etsy site for GLOW-in-the-Dark Nightmare Snatcher® journals and miniature Worry-Woolie™ notebooks:
http://spiderbite.etsy.com

Likewise please check Weirdling Works the Etsy shop for my collaborative work with my father, in illustration and writing:
http://weirdlingworks.etsy.com
socksuka
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007 07:19:28 PM »

Thank you so much for your comments!  I've been so neurotic since finishing my application, so it's nice to hear from an alumn. Smiley

Yeah, the bike drawing was so hard.  It took about 10 hours!  I was super sad that I had to fold them, but to console myself, I paperclipped a 2.5x2.5" photo of the object from another angle after both folds, so they would know which was which when they were folded.  At least that made it "feel" nicer to fold them, if you know what I mean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you have come to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is tied up with mine, then let us work together." - Lily Watson, Aboriginal Activist and Social Worker
Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007 10:14:57 AM »

Did you get in?

I  just found out that I got accepted to RISD. Oh my gosh. I busted my butt for 9 months on that portfolio.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
Spiderbite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007 06:24:36 PM »

Congrats Crafterbynite! What are you hoping to major in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check my etsy site for GLOW-in-the-Dark Nightmare Snatcher® journals and miniature Worry-Woolie™ notebooks:

Likewise please check Weirdling Works the Etsy shop for my collaborative work with my father, in illustration and writing:
Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007 06:22:34 PM »

Industrial Design. I am very excited. Any advice or inside info  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
Spiderbite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007 09:58:16 AM »

Industrial Design. I am very excited. Any advice or inside info  Wink

hmmm... I don't know! I've only ever met 2 people from industrial design. ID people have a reputation for never ever leaving their studios. Smiley ALWAYS working.

I'm moving back up to Providence in September myself, so maybe I'll see you around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: The Evolution of 8-Bit Art
Off Book: The Birth of the Animated GIF Medium
Off Book: Arts and Creative Projects in the Internet Age
Working with the New Basics Panel
How to Draw Gemma Arterton from Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...