A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 315,407
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new techniques in 2007  (Read 4786 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meriellyn
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006 04:59:05 PM »

In '05 I taught myself to knit (just before Thanksgiving).
In '06 I learned knitting in the round on both circs and DPNs, cables, short rows, lace, and socks.

In '08 I hope to start learning to spin.

You're able to wait a whole year before starting to spin? I want to start spinning so bad I might explode!

Oh it's not by choice, believe me! I just can't support my yarn and knitting book habits *and* a fiber/spinning books/spinning tools habit. ;P
I do want to learn as soon as I'm able to though. I'm want to try to get a couple alpacas in a few years and I'd like to have my own wheel (and some experience with it) by then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2006 07:16:13 AM »

this is so wonderful!!!

i'm so happy to see that i'm not alone in wanting to build my skills.

i've actually cheating and making my list from ideas you've all mentioned. socks, sweaters, colors, i can't wait to finish what's on my christmas to-do list so i can get started  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
Radioactivepenquin
Cooler than String Cheese

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2006 06:56:15 PM »

I want to try colorworking again, my last attempt was horrible. I also want to actually knit a sweater or something, which means I have to learn gauge.  Cheesy Somehow I've managed to last 3 years without measuring gauge once! lol. Hence why I've never made a sweater. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like always, but never like before.

Ravelry account: http://www.ravelry.com/people/RedeemArachne
Kokeshi
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2006 07:49:45 PM »

Dull and worthy though it may be, I think I really NEED to learn better finishing techniques: K-stitch and all its variations, provisional bind-off etc. Now I have a copy of Montse Stanley's Simply Fabulous Knitting, sadly I no longer have an excuse not to learn (gah....).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
talmina
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2006 03:28:09 AM »

Well I want to learn cables, and give colourwork another shot and since like many I want to make Eunny's vest, I'm just gonna have to learn steeking too aren't I!  Oh and socks and hopefully spinning if I get my drop spindle for my birthday or christmas.

This year I have learnt lace, a poor attempt at colour work, double knitting, mini cables, knitting in the round, entrelac, short rows and made my first sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Curlyredheadgirl

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heb.11:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2006 10:00:17 AM »

My 2007 goal is to actually finish the projects I start!!! WAY TOO MANY WIP's!!!!  I also would love to do something with Intarsia... but really - just finishing my 2006 projects will be my goal... How sad is that?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can never change the past. But by the gace of God, you can win the future. So, remember those things which will help you forward, but forget about the things which will only hold you back.

My Blog - http://curlyredheadgirl.blogspot.com/
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2006 11:55:41 AM »

Buh, I should probably add "getting better at finishing" to my list.  I'd also like to pick up a few more cast on/off techniques... I only know one each!  And I really should add that I shouldn't knit any more scarves for me to keep myself, but... *eyes skein of lime green synthetic mohair goodness* ...Well, I have till Dec. 31, right?...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
itsamutiny
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2006 08:11:35 PM »

i want to try cabling and lace. and a sweater. and socks. i'm already planning on making knitty's blaze in turquoise with 3/4 length sleeves, and possibly branching out, to tackle the lace. and i also want to make the norwegian stockings that everyone loves, and i need to make a hat for my friend cody... oi.

i'm going to be a busy little girl this coming year. Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006 08:13:22 PM by itsamutiny » THIS ROCKS   Logged
speedingpullet
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2007 09:09:12 AM »

I'm in the same boat as many others - I knit well enough, but have difficulty in finishing stuff with anything other than the "Drunk Plastic Surgeon Sewing In the Dark" stitch....seriously, it hacks me off that I can knit well, but the resulting article doesn't look as good as it could due to bad sewing!

Anyone know any good online tutorials for finishing stitches? I'm mostly making baby blankets a.t.m, sewing knitted patches together, and would love to learn a pretty, visible stich to sew them all together...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Why Film?
LIZ PD15: Film Comparisons
Tension on Set!!
Loading the Film - Tutorial Trailer
Pre Production for the Teaser
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...