A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I sewed into my finger.  (Read 4843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phebee
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007 02:36:42 AM »

One word: ouch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
berol
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007 02:55:37 AM »

This is my worst fear whenever I use a sewing machine.

I'm not squeamish or anything normally but somehow this really gets to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*waves*
Catiana
NY <3's me!

100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007 03:07:01 AM »

ohhh thats horrible!! i hope it heals quickly, and it doesn't hurt.
That reminds me. I was helping my friend sew in d.t and she sewed through her finger.  OUCH! it went all black and everything Sad
hopefully yours heals soon Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

time is a waste of life, life is a waste of time, get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.
____
Got bacon? 

www.myspace.com/gotbacon
Tricoteuse
Sticks and Needles

Je dis Aime.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007 04:24:14 PM »

This is my worst fear whenever I use a sewing machine.

This is my second fear; my first being the broken needle flying into my eye.  Gaaah . . .  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hot_hermione

OOO! What a hottie, yes i know im a HP dork:D

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007 05:38:34 PM »

Sad not to be rude, but yeah apparently your not very smart.  the number one rule when it comes to sewing keep your fingers clear from the needle. 

did i mention that must of hurt,  * shivers in the thought of a sewing needle going thu one's finger*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
black and white photo
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007 12:28:16 PM »

ow! your nail! god, i would have been crying my eyes out, panicing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007 02:27:31 PM »

I saw a nun do this once - her swearing was very impressive - in 3 languages. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
mimi123333
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007 09:44:57 PM »

I was nervous before, but thought it was a silly worry.  But now I see it really can happen.  I'll be extra careful from now on!  Yikes!!  Good thing you weren't permanently stuck to the machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Promise me you'll always remember:
you're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem and
smarter than you think"
-- Christopher Robin to Pooh
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007 10:21:41 PM »

Averij, congratulations and welcome to this ignoble club! It's a rite of passage that many a stitcher has bled through. Even the smart ones.

In my case, it was a glancing stitch -- ricocheted off the nail on my left index finger to plunge through the meaty part on the outside. Somehow I overcame the instinct to yank my hand out to the left with the needle still through it (which would have torn a nice gash), instead allowing the machine to raise the teensy dagger back straight out. Without even looking, I immediately wrapped the finger tightly with my other hand, thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder how much that's gonna bleed when I let it go."

I was married at the time to someone who worked earlier hours than I did, and since it was probably 2 in the morning at this point, he was blissfully asleep. So, of course, I scurried myself straight up the stairs.

"Hey. Hey... Hey," I whispered.

"What?" he groggied.

"I just sewed through my finger." I was honestly giggling to myself at this point. And still holding the finger, though I could feel my hand getting damp.

"You what? How did... Are you... Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, I just thought you might wanna see. You wanna see?? You don't get to see ME bleeding very often!"

"I don't WANT to see you bleeding!"

"Oh. Uh, okay, good night!"

Once the flesh sealed itself back up, all was well. I don't think I even have a scar. I do, however, have a statement that almost always makes people -- even non-sewing people -- cringe.

-Dorion
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lafemmedramatique
Lafemmedramatique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007 06:45:25 PM »

Oh dear sweet mother of pearl! I seriously feel so sick just thinking about this!! I can barely relate, but I know that I did crack my left index finger nail a bit on my machine last week... I was hemming a top and my finger got a TAD too close to that little metal hook that you slip the thread through before putting it through the needle... don't know the propper name for it... at any rate, it hit my nail and I had to go lay down for a minute... of course, I have been accident prone lately, so I knew the drill... In the past few months I have smashed my right ring finger in a door (the nail fell off, and is just now starting to grow back in properly), hit my head on a door (huge bump... that's what I get for blow drying my hair with the door open), and stabbed myself in the foot w/ my seam ripper when I sat down on the floor, indian style, of course... ya... I seriously should be locked in a padded room, but knowing my luck i would still find a way to hurt myself... rug burn, or something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Monster Puppet Head
How to Make a Monster Puppet Mouth Board
How to Make a Monster Puppet Mouth
How to Make a Monster Puppet Tongue
What Trace Is in Soap Making
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...