A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Texas Librarians going to TLA?  (Read 1509 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« on: April 09, 2007 07:59:59 PM »

Yahoo! I'm a presenter at the Texas Library Association 2007 conference this week in San Antonio!!

My talk on recycled books called "Last Chance Books: Rags to Riches" is scheduled right after Isabel Allende's keynote speech on Thursday morning (mine is 10:15- 11:20am), in a room that supposedly HOLDS 400!! It's apparently different from anything they've ever had before.

I'll have a Powerpoint presentation with (LOTS of) pictures of altered books, book purses, and those Book Bookshelves (made out of books)that booknuts get such a kick out of, and samples, of course.

I'd love to meet some Craftsters there, so come and identify yourself to me, OK?

Hope to see you there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007 02:39:45 PM »

All done! It went fabulously! Totally maxed out room! I feel so relieved it's done!

It makes the rest of the conference so much more enjoyable now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katielee
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007 11:48:08 AM »

I'll have a Powerpoint presentation with (LOTS of) pictures of altered books, book purses, and those Book Bookshelves (made out of books)that booknuts get such a kick out of, and samples, of course.

Do you have an archive of the pictures you'd like to post?  I saw your book bookshelf on another board (which was fabulous).

Thanks!

kl

Edited to add: Congrats on rockin the lecture!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

take back your own tonight.
McJulie-O
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007 07:39:07 PM »

Sorry, Katielee,
I didn't see your question on my thread about the talk to the Texas Library Association on recycled books until just now.   I am SO sorry! Don't know how I missed it!

Anyhow, many of the projects I featured in the talk were posted earlier on Craftster (such a great resource!) I included Craftster's URL in the handout, too, so that those crafty bibliophiles might while away the hours here just like I do!

The librarians LOVED the bookshelves, too, but no one actually BOUGHT one.....oh well, the whole idea was to help them take a problem that all libraries have (too many books of the wrong kind), and turn it into a revenue flow.

You could almost see the lightbulbs light up in their heads as those creative juices began to flow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Answering Your Greatest Dinosaur Questions -- At The Natural History Museum
Sweetness and Art: Short Film
May 7th: Sympathy For Xenu
May 4th: Kiss & Sell
Young British Artist Kitty Clark Talks About the YBAs and Her Artwork
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...