A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another Built By Wendy Top *New Top Added, bottom pg1*  (Read 5770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« on: March 14, 2007 07:48:30 PM »

I knew everyone has been making these lately, and I literally JUST finished mine and I am in love with it.  I am worried though that it's a little snug though (it's a little hard to get out of).  I am definitely going to make at least one more though... I wonder if it would work with a tshirt knit (anyone tried this?).  I also think I will probably lengthen the sleeves a little on the next one, they make my arms look fat, eek) Please ignore the PJs pants (I actually made them last week, yay!)

alright, onto the pictures...

front

back

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007 12:56:40 PM by Zelda.Suicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stick

"I'm Only Good At Being Young"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007 07:59:26 PM »

I love it!!!  Is that cotton fabric?  I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Grin  Awesome work, I think I might have found my sewing class project  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stick Officially Has Wists!
http://www.wists.com/appstatestick/all
PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007 08:01:01 PM »

love that fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007 11:15:26 PM »

Really cute fabric!  Cheesy As I posted in another BbW thread, I'm sure the top would work with jersey/stretch fabric if it's modified to fit better. This may help with taking it off an on. If you experiment let me know about the sizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007 07:00:49 AM »

Really cute fabric!  Cheesy As I posted in another BbW thread, I'm sure the top would work with jersey/stretch fabric if it's modified to fit better. This may help with taking it off an on. If you experiment let me know about the sizing!

This size is a little snug on me, so I am thinking about buying the other size and going up a size (this one is the size 12, I figured it would accomodate my mommy bosom but apparently I was wrong), so I wonder if the size 12 in stretchy fabric would work...

I will have to give it a try when I work my way through my "to sew before going on vacation" list (it's quite LONG) and I will let you know how it turns out. 

And yes stick, it is a cotton, but it's also got a little bit of stretch to it too (just a smidge though)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skrillaknits
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007 07:29:06 AM »

It looks good to me, but I've made a couple in size 10 and it does feel tight right around the high bust area...the arm hole is pretty shallow, maybe this is part of the issue? Looking forward to seeing a knit version!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Rast ich, so rost ich." [German Proverb]
estilosa
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007 11:35:43 AM »

cute! Maybe you could add a zipper on the side to make it easier to get in and out of?

P.S. I could not ignore the pj pants lol! That fabric is really cute. Is it cotton or flannel?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007 03:29:17 PM »

P.S. I could not ignore the pj pants lol! That fabric is really cute. Is it cotton or flannel?

Isn't it adorable!  It's super soft flannel, I love it, I swear I have worn them practically nonstop since I made them, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007 01:51:52 PM »

My latest version of this top.  It's my second from a tshirt knit type fabric (the first was a test run to make sure the sizing was right, it's just plain peach colored and boring, not worth posting, but if you look really closely in the picture where you can see the laundry basket you can see it, it's the peach thing in the basket, haha).  I made them the same size as the other one, since the other was a little snug in the bust and I love the way they fit.  (It hasn't been hemmed, and actually in the picture I hadn't sewn the elastic together yet, just safety pinned).  Anyhow, here it is, I love this fabric, and I also have some more in an ice cream print that I am going to make another one out of, so staytuned for that one.  Sorry for the crummy mirror shots, all the ones with the timer turned out really bad.

And here's a closeup of the fabric (and the ice cream fabric too)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katokotin
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007 02:01:58 PM »

I bought that fabric for a hoodie I'm making...good job on the shirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Caitlin. I like old clothes, long hair, punk music, lemonade, books, photography, thunder storms, polka dots, friendship bracelets and you.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Quick Makeup and the Best Foundation
Stand Out at an Audition With Signature Personal Style
​Everything You Need to Be a Sultry Vampire This Halloween!
The Foolproof Way to Perfect Winged Liner!
Fast Fall Beauty Fixes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...