A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Crafting Group - Atlanta Southside  (Read 13309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jlcotton
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2005 12:39:15 PM »

I'd like to know about a March meeting also. I'm in Cabbagetown, so Joe's and Javaology are great places for me to get to.

I'm really eager to meet up with some crafty folk in Atlanta- are there any other groups meeting as well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2005 08:29:18 AM »

Hi Everyone -

Sorry, I've been away for a bit (as many of you know, I frequently travel for my job)

Anyhoo, I've got dates for the next three meetings!

March 31st
April 12
April 28

All meetings from 7:30 - 9:30 (rough approximation; come when you can and stay as late as you want) @ Joe's coffee shop in East Atlanta.

So, a friend of mine just bought a house and I'm busy with housewares crafts.  Two things that I want to do are beaded napkin rings and the test tube flower vases in the recent ready made mag.  Since I have a mandate to decorate this house, I'll keep subjecting you to house crafts until someone messages me a suggestion or agrees to lead a session!  Please put your two cents in! 

As always, feel free to bring a craft your already working on to any of the meetings, regardless of the agenda.

I'll post a materials list for the March 31st meeting by Friday.  See you all soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2005 06:39:38 AM »

Hey guys - has anyone in the group done a swap?

Before Steph left, we mentioned that we should do one with her and the people in LA.

Any interest?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2005 10:12:43 AM »

Hi Everyone,

We'll be making napkin rings next week at the March 31st Meeting. 

Here's a kind of poor picture: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=7588

I've made a pdf of the instructions which I will email.  Please let me know if I don't have your email address and/or you didn't get them.

I'll bring the necessary wire, please bring:

1) A pair of needlenose pliers (or any pliers that might work with fine wire) if you have them - I only have a couple for the whole group.

2) Beads in the sizes, shapes and colors you would like.

I'll bring some extra beads for people - just so I can get a head count, if would like me to bring extra beads for you try to message me before Wednesday. 

7:30 PM @ Joe's Coffee Shop in East Atlanta

Thanks,
Whitney
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005 10:21:13 AM by senlin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsychic

A Creator and Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2005 10:19:07 AM »

Glad you are back! I look forward to our next meetings. And I will admit, I have been a lame craftster lately and will be thinking up with some ideas for the group  Embarrassed

yeah, a swap would be cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2005 03:32:44 PM »

Hi there, I was just reminded by my sister that I had offered to do a website for you guys.  That was clear back in November, and after sometime in December, I admit I stopped checking in on this thread, so I missed the note in January.  Anyway, I'm available to do something quick and easy if you want to try to take pics at the upcoming meeting.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
senlin
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005 06:41:40 AM »

Great! Thanks so much.  I'll definitely take pics on Thurs.

Note to fellow crafters - you've been warned; they're will be a camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2005 10:34:48 AM »

For some reason, it's impossible for me to schedule craft group on anything but the stormiest days of the year! 

I will be there at Joe's Coffee (East Atlanta) @ 7:30pm - please come if you're not flooded ;-)  I've definitely got enough beads to at least get everyone started.

See you soon,
Whitney
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gretagretchen
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2005 07:38:00 PM »

Hey are you guys meeting on the 12th? I just noticed this and I'm all for meeting up with you. I'm over in Ormewood Park. Very convienent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2005 11:58:26 AM »

Yes! we'll be at Joe's on April 12.  Gretagretchen, and anyone else, just send me a personal message with your email if you want email updates on craft group!

We're going to have free craft since everyone's a bit behind on their projects (I only finished 1 napkin ring last time, 5 more to go).  Bring whatever you're working on and I'll bring supplies for napkin rings if anyone needs stuff to do (see previous post for instructions/pics).

Also, I desperately need someone to lead craft group for April 28th!  I've been travelling a lot lately and I'll just be getting back in town before the the 28th meeting.  Or, even if you could make a supply run for me that would be a big help.

See you then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Chinese Beef Noodle Dish
The Classics: Hong Thaimee Makes Laab
How to Make an Asian Shrimp and Fruit Salad
How to Cook With Bean Sprouts
How to Cook and Brown Coconut
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...