A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Crafting Group - Atlanta Southside  (Read 13903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

senlin
« on: October 26, 2004 08:06:57 AM »

Craft-matic and Senlin would like to invite everyone to the first meeting of the new Southside Crafting Group on Thursday, Nov. 4th at Javalogy coffee shop (located on the corner of Edgewood and Boulevard), which is just south of VA Highlands and West of Little 5 Points/Inman Park.

Since no one has taken over the Atlanta Craft Group from Diva Steph, Craft-matic and I decided that we would take on the responsibility of organizing some crafty meetings, but we both agreed that we wouldn't have time to trek into North Atlanta (or the Caribou at Roswell Rd.).  For all of you Northside crafters out there - we're soooo sorry we couldn't make it more convenient for you!  Please, please come if you have the time and energy to make it down! 

Information on what we will be making and directions should be up by tomorrow, but please message me if you have any other questions or suggestions.

I will be making a listserv from scratch (I never got the contact info from the last group of crafters), so please send me your information if you want to be added!!!!  Also, if youd like to be involved in organizing the group, that would be awesome.  I travel frequently and we could use all the help we can get!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorky
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004 07:45:42 PM »

I'm not sure if I could make it often but since I drive by javology once a day, I may be interested.  I'm still getting started in the crafting world, and right now I'm in the middle of a quilt, but i've got a couple of friends who may also be into it.  so please post more details or message me with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsychic

A Creator and Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004 01:38:50 PM »

Hi,
Me and my friend would love to attend! We have been so excited to know the group is starting back again (not being able to go to the first round of mtgs) But I can't find the city guide anywhere -I'm an idiot-what time is it? Do we need to bring anything?  Thanx   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

senlin
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004 08:53:41 AM »

Hey Guys!

Thanks for posting and messaging me.  It looks like we have a couple of people who can make it to the first meeting!

We will be maiking paper lanters, a la our fellow crafters idea at:

http://www.deborahmerlo.com/diy/archives/000085.html

Jen and I will bring the wire mesh and glue.  You guys need to bring:

1) Decorative paper - 17"x22".  Or, bring enough paper to cover the size of the lantern you would like to make.  This project can be modified to make a lampshade, also.  Check the instructions on the link above for more ideas about what type of paper to bring.  I think the most important part is not choosing a thick paper, as it does not bend around cylinder shapes well.

2) Wire cutters or pliers, if you have them.  Jen and I will bring a coiuple pairs, but extras will make things go more quickly.

Jen and I tried this project last week and liked the results.  We want to try a few modifications, though.

Let me know if you have any questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004 09:05:55 AM »

But I can't find the city guide anywhere -I'm an idiot-what time is it? Do we need to bring anything? Thanx Cheesy

Yoiu did find the City Guide - This is it!  If you look above the message board, is says crafster.org projects forum / City Guides for Craftsters/ United States/ Georgia

This is where I'll be posting directions, instructions, ect.

Also, I will start a list serv and maybe we can do evites once I have contact info for people interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tjprd
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004 11:59:47 AM »

I would like to be a part of the group! I will be at Java-o-logy. What type of craft are you doing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorky
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004 03:48:58 AM »

I might not be able to make it because I have friends coming to town, but if they're late (as per usual) then i may pop in just to meet everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

senlin
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004 11:05:40 AM »

******** PLEASE READ  ******************************

So, theres kind of a snafu regarding location.  The upstairs in Javology is not open yet and the downstairs is tiny, so we cant meet there!!!!

Instead, we will be meeting at Joes Coffee Shop in the East Atlanta village.   The address is 510 Flat Shoals Ave Se, Atlanta GA 30316.  Im not sure were people would be coming from, so just mapquest it if you need directions.

Same time, 7:30pm.

Hope you can make it and so sorry for the last minute notice!!!

*******PLEASE READ*********************************
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zesi
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004 10:25:29 AM »

i'll be there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorky
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004 01:10:43 PM »

It was awesome to meet you all!  We'll do it again soon and next time I'll make the craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Garrett Interview
Classical Pianist Lang Lang Interview
The Auto-Win Blackjack Table
How to Play Baccarat
Basketball Handicapping Bets Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...