A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plastic bread clips  (Read 1449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GrandTheftUno
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007 08:28:34 PM »

I remember we used to use them in elementary school when practicing adding, subtracting and multiplication, sort of like really cheap abacus'. Its not very crafy, and I dont know what they teach in second grade these days...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
utemama
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007 11:45:28 PM »

how about if you trace or draw a picture of a fish or a dragon,and glue the tabs on to look like scales.or attach together in lines to make a door or window curtain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
utemama
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007 01:33:56 AM »

i mucked about today and came up with this,what i did was take 4 tabs placed together holes in centre like a top i suppose,add a abit of glue to hold,attach together with fishing line and beads between and you have a great door curtain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
farmgirljane
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007 06:10:23 PM »

OK - so I have been playing around with these things, and this is what I came up with.  After looking at lipzillas suggestion on melting them, I placed a layer of them in a bowl and bunged it in the oven.  Turned up the exhaust fan full bore and waited. I did this a couple of times, and this is what I ended up with.  The plastic doesn't seem to melt but softens considerably enough that when taken from the oven I pressed it all together (weating oven gloves of course, cause they are still very hot). No obnoxious smells either that I noticed.  This was only a couple of layers and is quite fragile, but with a hotter oven and more layers it should be fairly sturdy.  Will keep trying and will let you all know how it goes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my challenge 31 entry Jeannie's getting married in the morning and don't forget to vote
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Advanced Adobe Photoshop CS3 Series
How to Save and Share the Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Button Mode in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With Playback Option in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Load and Play the Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...