A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 315,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Cablenet socks? along?  (Read 7486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008 11:31:52 AM »

Sounds brilliant Smiley Making me hungry for this pattern again... Hopefully I'll get around to dyeing some of my merino some fun color and make these! Man, I have too many crafts to do... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
Tephra
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008 08:28:06 PM »

I don't think I've ever had a project that turned me off as much as this one, and I can't figure why I'm so Tongue about knitting it. I'm two rows into the (cabled) heel flap and I just can't seem to get the enthusiasm together to work on it. Part of it might be the yarn, it doesn't like being shuffled around and untwists and gets splitty on me. More likely is the lack of "resting rows", every row has crossings and it's just a never ending push to knit.

I really doubt I'd be that interested in knitting the second and incompleteness bugs me. I may just frog and find another project to occupy me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008 01:01:11 PM »

I hear you.  I'm almost done the first pattern repeat on the first sock.  Not very far.  And already Im unenthused.  It takes soooo long.  It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't crossings in every single row.  I just can't seem to get into the rhythm of this project.  I've set it aside while I work on a cardigan from IK, and maybe I'll have another go at them.  These socks are defintiely not t.v. knitting, nor can I get anything done on them while keeping a half and eye on the kids.  I just dont' have enough quiet solitidude to devote the time necessary to "get into" these socks.  I feel like I'm reading THE NAME OF THE ROSE all over again.  glad I'm not alone.  I was feeling bad about my feelings for these beautiful socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008 04:59:19 PM »

I hear you.  I'm almost done the first pattern repeat on the first sock.  Not very far.  And already Im unenthused.  It takes soooo long.  It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't crossings in every single row.  I just can't seem to get into the rhythm of this project.  I've set it aside while I work on a cardigan from IK, and maybe I'll have another go at them.  These socks are defintiely not t.v. knitting, nor can I get anything done on them while keeping a half and eye on the kids.  I just dont' have enough quiet solitidude to devote the time necessary to "get into" these socks.  I feel like I'm reading THE NAME OF THE ROSE all over again.  glad I'm not alone.  I was feeling bad about my feelings for these beautiful socks.

I only did one repeat before heading into the heel. With the change in gauge one repeat was 2 inches. I'd probably have to shorten the heel flap and then the gusset would get complicated. I'm heading to the frog pond with this.

They are gorgeous socks. I'm just not the sort of knitter than can do them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008 08:05:20 AM »

I've restarted with my home dyed knitpicks merino! It's turning up really well, and will probably show even better once I block it. This is quite a nice knit with a plain colored yarn!  It's a bit darker red than the photo, my camera just tries to adjust for the darkness Roll Eyes

First repeat of first chart done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008 06:53:13 AM »

Gotten a step or two more now... Cheesy Sometimes the chart didn't make sense, but I winged it when they didn't add up around the gusset/heel flap.

Only did three repeats instead of four (partially 'cause the boy said it'd look better, silly me for asking him...) so now they're looking a bit stubby. Doesn't show as much in the pic 'cause I cut most part of my leg out. Wink I'm afraid the leg is gonna end up being shorter than the rest of the foot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008 08:58:34 AM »

Gotten a step or two more now... Cheesy Sometimes the chart didn't make sense, but I winged it when they didn't add up around the gusset/heel flap.

It looks awesome.  Shocked  If I didn't still remember how much I hated knitting them the time I tried I'd give them another go.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008 10:09:24 AM »

Thank you Cheesy
You should try doing it with a better yarn. Mine is pretty "hard" merino (knitpicks's 100% merino, fingering weight or whatever they called it), and it's really cooperative. I hated this pattern even with my previous hard yarn, just 'cause it was so hard to see, but with this yarn... it's really a nice knit. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008 12:32:34 PM »

Hmm, maybe. I'm not much of a sock knitter to start with so I don't know. At the moment I'm working on a cabled sweater so I'm trying not to start new things. (Which of course means I have two swatches and a pair of fingerless mitts on the needles because I can't do just one thing....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008 12:41:15 PM »

hehehe good luck with that Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
The Easiest Way to Curl Your Hair
How to in 60 Seconds Hair Styles: Quadruple Braid
How to Turn Your Hair Into an Easy Ribbon Braid
How to Create an Up-Do Without Using Elastics or Pins
Learn How to Keep Your Ponytail in Place All Day Long
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...