A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Springtime on Discworld Gallery  (Read 13436 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

taerowyn

Let's hope we're worth it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007 07:21:11 PM »

Received an uber-fun package from bookstorebabe

All the goodies together including (from top left):
  • A magnetic sign "Hint: Bananas will get you everywhere"
  • A Maypole necklace to fit spring and Magrat's love of jewelry
  • Nanny Ogg's Etiquittable Potpourri
  • (next "row): Quantum Butterfly journal "Property of Unseen Library"
  • The Librarian's personal bookmark
  • Vimes!
  • Soul Cake Duck
  • Some of the Bursar's Dried Frog Pills
  • Hot Cross Buns from Stronginthearm Bakery
  • (last "row") Rincewind's "Discworld Tourister" luggage tag
  • A magnetic listholder from CMOT Dibbler
  • A magnetic Watch badge and timer
Here's a close-up on the Hot Cross Buns: Guaanteed as edible now as the day they were baked

A close-up of the Vimes doll ("pre-Sybil days. She would never let him leave the house looking so shabby") complete with cardboard sandals and lilac sprig.

This was a great package. I love how you pulled in pieces from all over Discworld!  Thanks so much!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007 08:10:17 PM by taerowyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

I am de-stashing a *ridiculous* amount of stamping supplies (mostly Stampin' Up)...PM if you're interested in purchasing or swapping for them
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007 07:54:38 PM »

You're welcome! I had fun putting it together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007 08:08:05 PM »

whoa, bookstorebabe, that is awesome!  love love love the vimes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007 08:12:55 PM »

You are INDEED a lucky gal to receive a pocket Vimes. How awesome would that be?

Well, except for the wee little cigar burn holes in your jacket..... aww heck, you're still lucky!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007 08:28:59 PM »

Vegbee, that bag is so cool-I love the nac mac feegle! And anything Greebo is fun.Very talented indeed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007 02:42:45 AM »

Brilliant package, bookstorebabe!  My favourite things are the maypole/Magrat necklace, the Librarian's bookmark and, of course, the wee Vimes!

Keep them coming, ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007 06:52:37 AM »

Wow! Nice job on the hand carved stamp and the tote bag, vegbee!

... and, bookstorebabe, I love the Vimes doll and the clever banananas magnet!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007 05:53:32 PM »

I received my awesome package from Conley a few days ago, but have been traveling and am just now able to post pictures.

Here's the whole booty:

Now here's the full list with the notes that came with each item:

2 skeins of purple cotton yard with the following note:
With as many appetites as those who live in the unseen university, all collected in one place, you need to keep "things" on hand.  Things like cheese, antifungal cream, and sheep.  Yet, as with all things around the UU, the Magic leakage can affect them in odd ways.  For example, the sheep already come in colors before shearing and have somehow made their wool unscratchy for wizard socks.    Sadly,  85% of each sheep is plastic - but it makes storing them easier.*

*Provided you burp them first**
**Don't ask about the antifungal cream***
***or the cheese.

Knitting and Crochet needles:
Nannyism #142 - Springtime is a good time to learn new skills*

*and when you can't learn those skills you can always look into knitting or crocheting.   

A knitted lip balm cozy:

Nannyism #227 - If you are going to explore the "wilds" on Lancre, you should always carry lip balm to avoid chapped lips.*

* it's handy when you leave the bedroom too.

Magrat's Herb Gathering Bag and lots of lavender goodness inside:

Nannyism #72 - Sometimes, after a roll in the lavender - you want to make sure you actually smell of lavender*

*you know, before your next roll in the lavender.                               

This was all so wonderful.  I was laughing so hard at the notes that I could hardly see all the wonderful stuff that Conley sent me at first.

In addition, she sent me some awesome purple leopard print fabric that she was going to make a rice heating bag out of, but her sewing machine crapped out.  That's OK, I've got plans for that fabric!

Thank You Conley!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are an absolutely wonderful swap partner!!!!  I love it all (especially the purple stuff and the bag*)**

*and I know how hard it was for you to let go of something blue!
**and that means EVERYTHING in the box!

SC
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007 07:01:47 AM »

What I am about to show you may shock you............ (cause you didn't receive it)

What I am about to show you may make you squirm.....(cause you didn't receive it)

What I am about to show you may make you die with regret.... (...fyberduck, because you didn't get to join in and totally missed out on this possibly being your package  Wink )

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think that's adequate build up.
Yesterday I received from Serial Crafter, and boy.... did I make out like a bandit....

First, she sent me yarn.... make sure you put on a bib or something for the drool.... Some of the yarn she dyed herself, it smells so awesome.

Neener neener, I have Nac mac Feegle yarn.  Cheesy

She sent me some stitch markers.... which I LURVE... I totally dig the hearts on them.

She sewed me a circular needle holder with a Vimes copper badge closure and springtime floral interior....

A A'tuin windchime with the prettiest tinkle, my kids helped me to decide where to put it (its hanging already in the pic)...

A picture frame for all the little boys in my life (including a space for Beans, my current belly tennant) that says "Future Daughter In Law Bait".... (this made me cry a little by the way, and the Mister thought it was awesome).....

She included some stretchy frogs from Granny's well, some balls (I can only assume that Nanny was involved there  Wink ), and some silly putty for the boys. Sadly I have no pic of these as the boys have already run and secreted them away.

Then she sent me a super secret surprise......

What could it be?..........

The Great A'tuin with Discworld on its back Doorstop! How awesome is that?! Its already worked wonders against bathroom lock picking monkeys.

Her note, included inside the box....

Thank you so much Serial Crafter!! Seeeeeee? I told you.......

And as a parting gift, Sam put one of the yarn bras on his head then preceded to run around claiming he was a 'noddy boy' and singing the "bad boys bad boys... whatcha gonna do".....

Nanny would be proud.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007 07:06:00 AM by Conley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007 07:25:23 AM »

I'm SO glad you liked it!  I was a little worried about the kool aid yarn.  My first try and it was SO bright.  Wanted you to have some good merino though.  Maybe you can tea wash it or overdye it a little to tone it down. 

Sorry I made you cry with the picture frame.  I was inspired on your blog when I saw the picture of the boys.  Hope you don't mind me stalking you a little. Wink

The discworld doorstop is what I had to make 2 of.  When hubby saw it, he had to have one too!  The elephants are buttons and are super secure so little fingers can't pick them off.  They have a 3/4" clip holding them behind the foam.  I had SO much fun figuring out what to do with a doorstop.  The ULTIMATE challenge!

I'm taking my crochet hook, purple yarn, and the Cool Girl's Guide to Crochet with me to Austin for a business trip this afternoon.  Hopefully I can at least get a headband or something done.  I've got chains figured out.  Now I just have to start linking stuff together. Roll Eyes

I just love being a swap partner with you!

On a personal note - My sister in law is about to pop any day now.  She's 4 days overdue.  We're waiting, and waiting, and waiting......

Happy crafting!

Karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Disappearing Ink
How to Make Curtains
How to Make Kissing Cards
How to Make LED-Lit Action Figures
How to Make Flowers Out of Ribbon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...