A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 15435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 12, 2007 01:33:39 PM »

Post all of your lovely crafts here!

Original Thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=153513.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
thewench
Dancing through the stars.

The Profie, she is out of date.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007 10:23:44 PM »

Aaaaaannnnd Here it is! I received form Bronzfrog today (right as I was about to leave for school so I was totally late for class but fttt it's Ceramics, I didn't care!). So wiht my mom telling me to open it up faster (Just slice through the tape don't cut it-But i want to prolong it!) I found a great suprise!
Here's a pic of it all (ignore the mess behind it, I was too Impatient to clean it up to take pictures). I didn't get a close up of everything but...

I received I knot pillow (which my cat completely stole), a journal (so beautiful!) A ceramic bunny, 5 magnets, a picture frame in purple stars and a light-plate (which matches both the journal and picture frame), 5 scrunchies (which will be excellent for work-all have different themes (St. patty's day, the star material, easter, ladybugs)  and a sewing pincushion made form a Pepsi cap lid (I'm obsessed with Pepsi!).

What's great about the journal is that one of my sayings that I put on online tags is "Dancing Through the Stars" well lookie what is put on my journal!

It was such a surprise to see it I was jumping up and down and then had to explain to my mom why I was so excited.  Next is a pic of the light-plate in action. If you look above it there is a painting by my fave artist Lisa Victoria and the flowers are the exact same shades of purple that are on the light plate. Which is sheer luck since you can't find the pic on the artist's website anymore. My camera flash kind of warps things but you can get the idea.

The magnets are awesome. There's a Celtic star (Obsessed with anything celtic too) and a Celtic Fairy a white cat (love the kitties) and 2 pictures of Bronzfrog's cats who helped her make my goodies (or...hindered...if your not a cat lover).

OK, so the bunny. I'm completely into ceramics and the bunny is ceramic. The Cadbury wrapping on the bunny is because: Cadbury is an English Castle that was reportedly lived in by the Celts (those wonderful people). Can you tell Bronzfrog did her research? I love England (and Ireland of course!) and it was such a humorous way to go about it.   The Pincushion is because I sew (and I got use -and complements- out of it tonight at my quilt class) and it's made out of the Pepsi cap lid. Pepsi!

Thank you Bronzfrog! I love, love, love it all and couldn't ask for a better partner. I've got to get back to crafting guys, night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/thewench
http://knittyfay.blogspot.com/
Dragon eyes, and fairy wings, please god let me see strange things.
S is for Summer

Im a really slow knitter without magic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007 11:38:45 PM »

Oh wow, I can't believe someone's received already!  How cool!

That pincushion is supercute; I might have to try making one of those.  And the journal is awesome!  I love the fabric you used, Bronzfrog! 

Man.  I've gotta get back to crafting. o.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danaisradxcore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007 11:52:16 PM »

i love the ceramic rabbit... the cadbury wrappers make me hungry... i love those things. Cheesy

seeing this shows me i really need to get to work on my stuff... haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
globox
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007 03:24:53 AM »

Rad + 1.

Well done Bronzfrog especially for being the first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007 06:04:53 AM »

Oh, wow, thewench, I'm glad you enjoyed everything!  I had so much fun figuring out what to make! 
She sent such a detailed description of herself that I only had to ask one question.
Thanks for the compliments. 
The bunny thing almost didn't happen.  I ran two bunnies up to the city to be fired on a Friday and as they usually fire over the weekend I went to get them the next Monday.  They weren't done, neither were the two molds I ordered a week earlier.  I went to look through my box of stuff I had already fired for something else and found a bunny I had forgotten about.  I still haven't went after the bunnys and molds. 
The orange cat is Pandemonium.  He kept knocking the bubbles for the magnets off the table.  I guess he wanted to make sure I included him.  The grey cat is Cookie.   She surervised from my shoulders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007 07:43:21 AM »

great job bronzfrog! I can't wait to see what everyone else made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jesa
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007 07:54:03 AM »

OMG you made great stuff -- and SO MUCH! now I feel like I didn't do enough!

how do you do the bubble magnets? I would LOVE to make some!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007 07:59:57 AM »

Oh, those kinds of magnets are fun to make!  I think there's a tutorial somewhere on here on how to make marble magnets, but essentially, you use those round glass marbles that are used for floral arrangements (I found them at the dollar tree)--make sure they're clear and not "foggy".  Then, you glue pictures to the back of them and then glue magnets to the back of the picture.  I think the glue is called E-6000 (or 3000--I can't remember!)--be sure you use it in a well ventilated room--or better yet, outside--because it is some stinky stuff--the back of the tube doesn't lie about that!  lol 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Kazkitty
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007 09:00:54 AM »

oh wow! can't believe we have a reciever already! Cheesy

The journal and the light plate are so pretty! And the magnets are super cute (I love that your kitties were included lol)

And that bunny is making me crave cdbury eggs now.. lol

What a wonderful package! I'm trying to get most of mine finished today.. but I think I'm gonna start having swap anxiety soon! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blend Colors Together Using Oil Paints
How to Paint a Portrait with Oils Using a Photo
How to Prepare a Canvas for Oil Painting
How to Mix Oil Paint Colors
How to Use a Palette Knife to Apply Oil Paint
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...