A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: coin rings! i'm an addict!!!  (Read 42892 times)
Tags for this thread: ring , craftster_best_of_2007 , tutorial_link  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schtickl
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2008 02:44:12 PM »

haha yeah i was just joking Tongue - yea it would be cool!!! i bet the machine would read it too! hahahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am going to an incredibly inexpensive jewelry street with about 5 miles of stores - will go shopping for anyone who wants stuff - PM me for details please Smiley

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5488961
zen-art-gallery.deviantart.com

SoRo Jewelry Design
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2008 12:47:22 PM »

'nother question for those of you who've made these - do they lay flat against your finger?  in the pictures it shows a ridge on the inside... can you see the ridge when it's on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
ragdoll193
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2008 12:31:47 PM »

it depends on how far you hammer and grind. the ones I made wound up not having that ridge at all, I hammered it till it was the size I wanted it to be, the ground down the inside until the ridge wasn't there but you could still see the words
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
Lickin_Flames
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2008 11:04:19 PM »

Very cool! I was researching these recently. I'm hoping to make some to sell in the future. To ensure that I will stay out of the US Mint's way, I'm planning on using the fifty cent pieces that are no longer in circulation. That seems the safest way. However...in all my research on the laws of coins, it says that defacing money for the purpose of recirculating it for gain is illegal. So in other words, somehow magically making a penny into a quarter or the much more feasible act of making a $10 bill into a $20.

So craft on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katie Hughes- The Amazon
StephJane
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2008 10:48:29 PM »

ok this is the coolest thing ever, thanks for the tute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2008 07:18:14 AM »

Grin That is soooooo cool!!  Thanks for the tut too!  I think Im going to be busy making me one of these!  Thanks for the idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
dancecrafter

the snack that smiles back...!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2008 07:00:48 PM »

these things are so cool.  I saw the tutorial a while ago and started working on one made out of a new quarter (1990), but temporarily gave up because i didn't have the patience to finish it.  I think I'll go find it and start working on it again, and maybe I'll actually finish this time.  Out of curiosity, any opinions on whether this would work better or worse than quarters with pennies, nickels, or dimes (aside from the fact that they'd be smaller)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poe poe
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2008 07:10:36 PM »

I  too haven't finished grinding out the inside of mine yet. But I have pretty small fingers, and I don't think anything smaller than a quater would be big enough to make an adult ring. Maybe a nickle, if you had really small fingers. Even then I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
-Aldo Leoplod-
Trip_and_fall
conure slave

Take yo' meds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2008 01:14:11 PM »

That's totally cool. Props to ya.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Greetings, I am POOP from outer space
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2008 09:31:51 PM »

i just finished one today for my fiance... 

this took foooooreeeevvverrrr r to do... i spent the better part of the day drilling and grinding and sanding the inside, which included about an hour to pick a piece of rogue metal out of my finger and several hours total waiting for the thing to cool down enough to touch. 

if anyone else does this, use something to protect your fingers and your eyes, because stuff flies everywhere, and the metal gets freaking HOT.

so i finished this and went and got a manicure, because my hands were messed.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008 09:32:36 PM by ruby_soho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Attractive Summer Suits
Outfits for a Pear Shaped Body
The All-Time Best Celeb Summer Style
How to Style a Front Slit Skirt
How to Wear a Bright Skirt
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...