A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 303,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Do I need the Lendrum COMPLETE if buying Woolee Winder?  (Read 2119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: March 11, 2007 02:23:13 PM »

I just put in an order for a Lendrum DT Complete which probably won't be shipped until Monday or Tuesday.  In the meantime I have become fixated on the Woolee Winder.  My question is for those familiar with Woolee Winders and Lendrum Completes.....Do I need the Complete which includes the Jumbo Ply Head, Jumbo Bobbin, and Fast Flyer if I order a Woolee Winder?  I'm thinking the Woolee Winder might render the Jumbo Plying head and Jumbo Bobbin obsolete and maybe I should cancel the Complete Kit and save that $$ towards a Woolee Winder.  Opinions?

spin spin spin!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007 03:51:26 PM »

I don't know, I thought about the woolie winder but the the slidy thing on the lendrum is so easy, its not as annoying as I imagine the hooks would be.  I just slide it as I need more roving, so there are no unneccesary stops. 

I would save the $100 or whatever it is and instead buy more fiber!!

oh I found this blog...http://jmknits.wordpress.com/2006/12/29/woolee-winder/
so I think you would want both.

and here is someone who hates it!

i love google!

so my conclusion is..get the complete, get used to it, then later invest in a woolie if you feel like it.  I think you would miss the plying head if you didnt get the complete!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007 03:59:14 PM by misshawklet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007 03:57:55 PM »

Thanks, Holly!

Yeah, I was thinking that with the Lendrum slidey thing that it would have to be much easier to fill the bobbin more evenly without interruption than with the hooks.  I think holding off is probably a sensible idea.  Plus, the WW has recently increased in price to $185 for the flyer and bobbin, and $31 each per extra bobbin.  That's a lot of fiber I could buy for that price.  Plus, I keep reminding myself that the Lendrum complete kit has the plying head with the bigger orifice which allows for bulky or novelty yarns, perfect for Pluckyfluff camp, right?!

Thank you for talking me down.  As you might have noticed, I can be a tad impulsive at times.   Wink

spin spin spin!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007 03:59:31 PM »

oops I just added more to my post!

spin spin spin!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007 04:00:41 PM »

haha, yes you are just excited, is all!  I think you made a smart choice...dang I didn't realize they were so pricey!  I understand WHY but that is a lot of money to throw down.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007 04:01:22 PM »

Thank you, those posts are great.  I Googled Lendrum +WW and certainly found some mixed reviews specifically for the WW on the Lendrum.  Some absolutely love it and others have had a headache of problems with it.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007 05:50:43 PM »

Hey all,

I have the Lendrum DT complete kit. While it is okay. I hate stopping to slide the thingy when I am winding on the yarn. Also on the plying head. The yarn is forever getting caught. So I did order the WooLee winder. Now I am waiting patiently for it to come. I can't wait! I am so excited Grin

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007 04:49:29 AM »

I saw the link to my blog in my blog stats....and yes, Google is good!

I bought the Lendrum DT complete last year at Maryland Sheep and Wool.  So it came with the plying head, etc.  I got the Woolee Winder for Christmas this year - and I really do love it.  I haven't used the plying head since I got it.  Because the WW winds it so evenly on the bobbins, it really can handle a lot of wool.    So I would recommend skipping buying the complete kit, and save the $$ for the Woolee Winder.

Hope that helps! (And now I want to go spin!)

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007 05:11:00 AM »

Thanks for everyone's opinions.  My Lendrum Complete is arriving today.  Yay!!!!  So, I guess I'll see how I like it first and if I feel I need a Woolee Winder I'll sell the parts of the complete kit I'm not using.  I spoke with Nathan and there is only a 2 week wait on a Lendrum Woolee Winder right now.  It's just so darn expensive though.  Sad  He recently raised the prices, so the Woolee Winder (which comes with 1 bobbin) + 2 extra Bobbins and shipping comes to $259.  Ouch!  But it does sound worth it, especially with the return policy if it doesn't work out.  I'm just going to have to wait on it for now.  The Lendrum Complete was a big enough purchase for the time being.  Smiley

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Two Staples That Are Bringing Sexy Back
Look Hot, Stay Cool: 3 Essential Looks
The Perfect Way to Style Oversized Tops
Jean Therapy: Denim That Holds its Shape
The $100 Dress You Can Wear Everywhere
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...