A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wallet with supporters' chant embroidery (NOW with tut! lots of pictures)  (Read 2331 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alvan
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2007 02:20:05 PM »

My husbands wallet is falling apart in small pieces so I made him a new one. "Bajen" is the shortening of Hammarby, a Swedish sportclub. The translation of "Bajen ar dom basta" is "Bajen are the best" and grass green is the main colour they use in the support stuff.

It was very hard to sew because the ribbon was a littel bit to narrow. It was the only one I could find after running throw seven different sewing stores. Considering that I think it turned out quite nice, what do you think?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007 04:16:58 AM by alvan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmd32
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007 02:22:39 PM »

I bet your hubby loves you madly, eh?? Grin Grin Pretty awesome wallet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alvan
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007 11:31:41 PM »

Thanks! And I really think he does, we have dated for 16 years and have been married 7 of them...OMG time flies Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007 06:14:29 AM »

Your work is always supurb, and this wallet is no exception!  It looks extremely professional and the embroidery is fantastic, too.  I love the compartments inside and the stitching looks great on the ribbon, which doesn't look too small, by the way.  But, it is a pain to sew when it's too thin and you can't see the stitching on the other side, whether it's staying on the trim or going off.  Since you are so generous with your tuts, I don't suppose you'd be willing to give one for this wonderful wallet?  Roll Eyes

(Oh, and that's great about being together for so long.  It's like being friends forever before you even got married, which is the best, I think.  My hubby and I just had our 23rd anniversary.  We only dated for about 3 months before getting engaged, but were friends for a little while first.  Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
mzgorightry
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007 06:21:16 AM »

Whoa. I am totally in awe of that wallet. Very, very nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alvan
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007 04:15:49 AM »

Thank you!

I think there have been a similar tut earlier but here is my version. I hope you can make some sense of it.

Be careful when you measure and cut the pieces. Make sure you line up everything accurate and fasten the beginning and the end of all stitching firmly.

Picture 1

This is what you need:

A:1 Interfacing 13 x 23 cm
A:2 and B Beaver nylon (BN) or similar fabric 13 x 23 cm
C BN 11 x 19,5 cm
D:1 BN 9,5 x 7,5 cm
D:2 BN 8,5 x 7,5 cm
D:3 BN 7,5 x 7,5 cm
E:1 BN 9,5 x 8,5 cm
E:2 plastic (I used a old plastic folder) 8,8 x 8,5 cm
F:1 and F:2 Velcro (hooks and loops) 2 x 12 cm
G Nylon ribbing 0,8 x 300 cm (I found a two coloured ribbon so it looks like I have used black on one side and green on the other but it's the same ribbon)

Picture 2

1. Embroider piece A:2, the center of the embroidery should be 14,75 cm from the right edge and 6,5 from the top edge.

2. Iron the interfacing on the back and then sew the Velcro (loops) 0,5 cm from the left side and 0,5 cm from the top.

Picture 3

3. Fold the ribbon (G) on the length  and iron.

4. Sew a piece of the ribbon on top of all pieces (A-E).

5. Sew D:1 to C 0,5 cm from the left edge of C. Place the seam 2,3 cm from the bottom edge.
Sew D:2 on the top of D:1 and place the seam 1,3 cm from bottom edge. Do the same thing with D:3 with the seam 0,3 cm from the edge.

Picture 4

6. Sew the side seams on D:1-D:3 and also sew E:1 and E:2 as shown in picture.

Picture 5

7. Cut three pieces of the ribbon, a little bit longer then 9,5 cm. Burn the top so it don't fringe. Sew the ribbon (folded in half on the length) on the sideseams with two stitches.

Picture 6

8. Place all of the pockets on piece B and stitch the left side seam. Cut a piece of the ribbon about 11 cm, burn the edge and sew on the side seam.

9. Place the Velcro (hooks) 0,5 cm from the left edge of piece B and sew.

10. Put all the pieces together and stitch, close to the edge, the sides and the bottom.

Picture 7

11. Cut a piece of the ribbon, about 53 cm (you might have to cut of some in the end, but better to much than to little Smiley) and burn the edges. Fold about 1 cm in to the big pocket, stuck it in firmly. (now comes the tricky bit) Stitch the sideseam, all the way down to the end. Make a 45 degree fold in the corner and stitch to the other corner. Do another 45 degree fold and also fold the end in to the big pocket (cut of the end and bur if it's to long). Stitch the last side. If you want to you can make another stitch along the sides and bottom. (If the first stitch didn't stay on the ribbon all the way, this stitch will at least make sure of that (but it might not look that good though))

Ask if there is any thing you don't get, good luck to you all!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007 04:26:26 AM by alvan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007 06:13:20 AM »

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, alvan for this tut!!

You are always so generous with sharing your sewing knowledge!  I so appreciate it!!  I will definitely be trying this wallet soon.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
alvan
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007 09:25:40 AM »

Your welcome! If you make one please post a picture here, its always fun to see how other peoples things turn out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Medieval Hairstyles
How to Wear Your Hair Tied Back
How to Do a Cute Hairstyle
How to Do Modern Hairstyles
How to Do a Half Up Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...