A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fairy Birthday Party - Big Success IMAGE HEAVY  (Read 4249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NLJ
« on: March 11, 2007 07:40:35 AM »

My daughter's 5th birthday party was a big hit. 

Here is the invitation I sent out:

When the guests arrived they all received goody bags with Tinkerbelle bookmarks in them.  They then went to the party room and got their faces painted.  The party room was decorated like a forest.  Each pine tree was decorated with items the the kids could earn after each activity - crowns, wings and wands.

I then read them a story about Neverland fairies and told them how a fairy was born (from a baby's laugh).  I then showed them my magical bubbles and told them that only true fairies could catch them.  I used "catch-a-bubble" which harden in the air and you can catch them.

After they caught the bubbles they received their fairy crowns.  I then handed each girl their goody bag again and had them sprinkle pretend pixie dust on them and inside was a Tinkerbelle necklace.  The kids were surprised that the necklaces had magically appeared.  Next we played musical lilypads where the kids would stand on a lilypad and we would play music.  The kids would dance around and when the music stopped they would have to find a lilypad.  The person that was left without a lilypad would earn their wings and have the birthday girl open their present.

Tutorial for wings:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=146985.0

After all of the presents were opened the kids went upstairs to color fairy pictures while I setup the table for the cake.

The kids came back down to the forest and found their goody bags.  They sprinkled pixie dust on them again and inside they magically found Disney Fairy figurines.

We sang happy birthday and had cake.  Instead of ice cream I bought Eddy's Dibs. Little chocolate covered ice cream balls.  We said good bye and each kid got to take home their goody bags, crowns, wands and wings.  Everyone had a great time and I can't wait for next year's party.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007 05:46:26 AM by NLJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged
peariso
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007 08:17:12 AM »

You are the COOLEST Mom!  What a wonderful way to celebrate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
LeesaLove
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007 08:49:33 AM »

What a wonderful party you put together!
I'm sure you will the talk of school ...
You know next year you will have to out do yourself!!
Wink
The wings are incredible!!
Did you make the cake too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tarewyn
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Atticus Finch

Saving my sanity, one crafty day at a time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007 09:10:14 AM »

That sounds like such an awesome party! and I love your cake.  Great job!  I love that the fairy that was "out" in the lillypad game earned her wings and got to have her present opened.  What a fabulous idea.  Love this party!

Tarewyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninosgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007 09:32:28 AM »

That is one of the best parties that i have seen! All you hard work really pays off when the kids are so happy. I too love your lilypad game. The party is more fun when there are no losers. For my daughters mermaid theme we did hot potatoe and past around ariel. When the music stops each child got to pick a prize from the treasure chest in the middle. Do you have any good penguin theme ideas? Thats our next party.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmd32
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007 02:10:27 PM »

Wow, that was an AWESOME party!!! Like I said before, do all the other parents hate you for raising expectations so high?? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007 02:19:26 PM »

That is so cool and sooo getting bookmarked.  You are so imaginative and your daughter is so lucky.  It looks like all of the kids had a blast.  Awesome job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NLJ
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007 03:25:15 PM »

LeesaLove - I did make the cake.  My girls helped make the flowers.  It was really easy and they had a blast.

mmd32 - I think some of the parents were surprised at how much I put into the party.  Maybe they would hire me to do their kids party Smiley  I would love to try and turn my talents into a business.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thumbkin
manic butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007 04:04:30 PM »

wow! awesome party!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007 06:18:06 PM »

I would love to try and turn my talents into a business.

You could totally do it!  And you should!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...