A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Crystal Lace Bolero (with pattern link)  (Read 11355 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007 04:30:41 PM »

i think the medium sleeves are made up of 3 granny squares. i think the chart cuts them in half and puts one half on each each of the sleeves... read the comments on the bottom of the pattern page- i am pretty sure she adressed your question.

i am done with all of my squares for my first one! i didn't join them in the car- but i started on the black one and i think its going to look amazing!

i went from greenville south carolina to cincinnati today and tomorrow morning i am going to san diego. last week was work travel but tomorrow my vacation starts! i am excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Cherriez
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007 04:41:18 AM »

Yeah, I went and checked out the comments, and it was there.  I have all my squares done too.  I might start connecting them today.

Thats great that you're going on vacation.  I haven't been on an actually vacation since....um....oh yeah I think my honeymoon almost 6 yrs ago!!   Shocked  LOL  Have Fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cherriez
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007 07:03:39 AM »

Layed all my squares out following the layout:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/424040808_7de134b81f_m.jpg

Can't wait to start connecting! Smiley

Not til a little later though, got house work to do  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 07:40:31 AM by pinkleo - Reason: nonworking pics to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007 06:08:22 PM »

oh your squares look great layed out and ready to be joined!

i might make just make the medium instead of trying to adjust the size myself. i am done with all of the squares for the gold version i am making, and i have 14 granny squares of my black version. i am going to start joining the gold one right now! i am not sure if i made my 1/2 granny squares correctly though because they aren't triangular like yours...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007 10:33:41 PM »

i started joining mine! i decided to do the medium layout and shorten the back by one row so that its more of a shrug. i am done joining the back piece! now all i have to do is add the arms and the chest piece! i can't wait to see this thing on me. i am starting to get a little apprehensive as to how its going to fit me. i already made the squares for two of them and it would be very unfortunate if i put all that time and money into them and they looked weird on me. the picture is very unflattering because i am in a hotel room- its not uneven like it looks! here it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007 11:45:33 PM »

uhhh... i am so frustrated. i just got done joining my first arm piece and i tried it on with the one arm- and realised that it is WAY too big. i had to frog the 2 joined grannies from the side making it 3 squares wide- thats what the small layout calls for so i guess i am going to make a small with a medium top. i guess i must have had some gauge issues (even though i checked it) because there is no way a medium should be falling off of me like that. oh well! i guess that just means it'll be faster to make in the future! i really like this pattern.... (knock on wood!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007 02:39:24 AM »

i have posted like 5 times in a row tonight. sorry! anyhow, i got TONS done tonight! here is my progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Cherriez
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007 04:55:05 AM »

wow!  thats awesome!  It looks good. Smiley  I didn't get to work at all on mine yesterday.  I have the back piece done, I just have to join the rest.  I guess I better get moving to catch up lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007 10:42:54 AM »

Come on everyone! Get working! I can't wait to see everyone's finished objects!

I am totally done joining and weaving in my ends (which took a LONG time). I still need to put the cuff on- which I am kind of confused by the directions on how to do so.

I probably have another hours worth of work until mine is 100% wearable! It looks beautiful already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007 06:16:29 PM »

I am almost done! the edging is taking forever and I am almost out of yarn! I don't think I am going to have enough to finish. I bought 6 skeins and my LYS ordered some more in the same dye lot so I'll go pick it up tomorrow and finish up. I made a combination of the small and the medium and it is still bigger than I would prefer. I am going to make the black in small. Here are some pictures. I am really proud!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Book: The Boom
Choosing Peace Over Hate
A Day in the Life of Author Elizabeth Fremantle
Elizabeth Fremantle: Tudors Vs. Today
Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...