A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Crystal Lace Bolero (with pattern link)  (Read 10849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007 04:30:41 PM »

i think the medium sleeves are made up of 3 granny squares. i think the chart cuts them in half and puts one half on each each of the sleeves... read the comments on the bottom of the pattern page- i am pretty sure she adressed your question.

i am done with all of my squares for my first one! i didn't join them in the car- but i started on the black one and i think its going to look amazing!

i went from greenville south carolina to cincinnati today and tomorrow morning i am going to san diego. last week was work travel but tomorrow my vacation starts! i am excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Cherriez
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007 04:41:18 AM »

Yeah, I went and checked out the comments, and it was there.  I have all my squares done too.  I might start connecting them today.

Thats great that you're going on vacation.  I haven't been on an actually vacation since....um....oh yeah I think my honeymoon almost 6 yrs ago!!   Shocked  LOL  Have Fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cherriez
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007 07:03:39 AM »

Layed all my squares out following the layout:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/424040808_7de134b81f_m.jpg

Can't wait to start connecting! Smiley

Not til a little later though, got house work to do  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 07:40:31 AM by pinkleo - Reason: nonworking pics to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007 06:08:22 PM »

oh your squares look great layed out and ready to be joined!

i might make just make the medium instead of trying to adjust the size myself. i am done with all of the squares for the gold version i am making, and i have 14 granny squares of my black version. i am going to start joining the gold one right now! i am not sure if i made my 1/2 granny squares correctly though because they aren't triangular like yours...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007 10:33:41 PM »

i started joining mine! i decided to do the medium layout and shorten the back by one row so that its more of a shrug. i am done joining the back piece! now all i have to do is add the arms and the chest piece! i can't wait to see this thing on me. i am starting to get a little apprehensive as to how its going to fit me. i already made the squares for two of them and it would be very unfortunate if i put all that time and money into them and they looked weird on me. the picture is very unflattering because i am in a hotel room- its not uneven like it looks! here it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007 11:45:33 PM »

uhhh... i am so frustrated. i just got done joining my first arm piece and i tried it on with the one arm- and realised that it is WAY too big. i had to frog the 2 joined grannies from the side making it 3 squares wide- thats what the small layout calls for so i guess i am going to make a small with a medium top. i guess i must have had some gauge issues (even though i checked it) because there is no way a medium should be falling off of me like that. oh well! i guess that just means it'll be faster to make in the future! i really like this pattern.... (knock on wood!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007 02:39:24 AM »

i have posted like 5 times in a row tonight. sorry! anyhow, i got TONS done tonight! here is my progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Cherriez
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007 04:55:05 AM »

wow!  thats awesome!  It looks good. Smiley  I didn't get to work at all on mine yesterday.  I have the back piece done, I just have to join the rest.  I guess I better get moving to catch up lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007 10:42:54 AM »

Come on everyone! Get working! I can't wait to see everyone's finished objects!

I am totally done joining and weaving in my ends (which took a LONG time). I still need to put the cuff on- which I am kind of confused by the directions on how to do so.

I probably have another hours worth of work until mine is 100% wearable! It looks beautiful already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007 06:16:29 PM »

I am almost done! the edging is taking forever and I am almost out of yarn! I don't think I am going to have enough to finish. I bought 6 skeins and my LYS ordered some more in the same dye lot so I'll go pick it up tomorrow and finish up. I made a combination of the small and the medium and it is still bigger than I would prefer. I am going to make the black in small. Here are some pictures. I am really proud!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Carol Higgins Clark Talks About Wrecked
Kate Feiffer Talks About The Wild, Wild Inside
Great and Terrible Beauty Book Trailer
John Avant Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Sarah Vowell Talks About The Wordy Shipmates
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...