A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 301,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Crystal Lace Bolero (with pattern link)  (Read 11614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cherriez
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007 12:41:01 PM »

I actually got a bunch more done today. Smiley

I can never wait, so I started connecting them already.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/420270807_2a54e54e82_m.jpg
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 07:39:46 AM by pinkleo - Reason: nonworking pics to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007 01:54:21 PM »

oh it looks great!!!! you must be a very fast crocheter! did you have any trouble figuring out how to connect them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007 02:20:44 PM »

Hey Ladies,
I just wanted to keep up the encouragement, that is a beautiful shrug, and you both are doing wonderfully.  I would join you, but I am no where near experienced enough to do this, although I now have the impetus to learn.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherriez
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007 02:29:43 PM »

did you have any trouble figuring out how to connect them?

At first yes.  I was very confused.  But I check out the designers blog, and read over and over the directions.  I did change one thing though, just because I thought it worked better.  I can tell you what I did, if you want. Smiley

And thanks!  I think I'm gonna love this thing.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saralynne
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007 02:35:24 PM »

Hey, I'd love to join along. I've probably got yarn, but I dont know if I've got the time. I havent tried making any crocheted pieces of clothing yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007 04:48:34 PM »

Pheather- this really isn't as hard as it looks. i have only been crocheting for 2 months and   I am figuring it out (hopefully!)

saralynne- this is a great garmet to make if you don't have too much time. its just a bunch of granny squares. you can take them with you and do one or two when you get a few minutes to crochet!!

Cherriez- i would love to know how you are putting them together. i have a feeling its going to really confuse me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Cherriez
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007 05:28:40 AM »

okay. I'll post some notes up tonight.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007 01:13:36 PM »

ok. i am having some trouble with the 4th round of the granny square.

Round 4: *Ch 5, sc into next ch-5 sp, ch 5, sc into next ch-3 sp, ch 5, sc into same ch-3 sp, ch 5, sc into next ch-5 sp,* rep from * to * 3 more times ending with sc into last ch sp. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

the chart>>>> http://www.crochetme.com/2006-Summer/images/bolero_stitch_diagram_lg.gif

the written directions and the chart are different. the chart shows a slip stitch- but the pattern doesnt. the chart also has the yarn starting out from a different place than it does in real life. i keep ending up with different numbers of loops when i am done. according to the chart i should have 16 when i am done, but i keep ending up with 12 13 or 14. i am getting really frustarted with having to take out the last round of every square and do it over and over until i get the right amount.

what am i doing wrong??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Cherriez
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007 03:25:22 PM »

I don't know what you're doing wrong....I didn't go by the chart, I went by the directions.  i just counted one of my squares, and I get 16 loops on row 4.  Also on round 4 I don't do the last 'step' "ending with sc into last ch sp"  I just slip stitch in the dc of the previous round. You could try that, if it helps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007 04:25:30 PM »

i still have no idea what i was doing wrong, but i figured out how to fix it. i just put two loops on each cluster and two loops on each of the loops below them-- if that makes sense. i think i have about 10 granny squares done... and i bought more yarn to make another one- in black... i'm horrible- i can't resist temptation in the yarn store...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Trailer for The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
A Trailer for Whirlybirds and Ordinary Times by Katie Savage
A Trailer for Iscariot: A Novel of Judas by Tosca Lee
Writing a Eulogy Step by Step
Author Simon Sinek on Traveling to Distant and Unfamiliar Places
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...