A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Crystal Lace Bolero (with pattern link)  (Read 10179 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cherriez
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007 12:41:01 PM »

I actually got a bunch more done today. Smiley

I can never wait, so I started connecting them already.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/420270807_2a54e54e82_m.jpg
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 07:39:46 AM by pinkleo - Reason: nonworking pics to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007 01:54:21 PM »

oh it looks great!!!! you must be a very fast crocheter! did you have any trouble figuring out how to connect them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.c om

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007 02:20:44 PM »

Hey Ladies,
I just wanted to keep up the encouragement, that is a beautiful shrug, and you both are doing wonderfully.  I would join you, but I am no where near experienced enough to do this, although I now have the impetus to learn.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherriez
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007 02:29:43 PM »

did you have any trouble figuring out how to connect them?

At first yes.  I was very confused.  But I check out the designers blog, and read over and over the directions.  I did change one thing though, just because I thought it worked better.  I can tell you what I did, if you want. Smiley

And thanks!  I think I'm gonna love this thing.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saralynne
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007 02:35:24 PM »

Hey, I'd love to join along. I've probably got yarn, but I dont know if I've got the time. I havent tried making any crocheted pieces of clothing yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007 04:48:34 PM »

Pheather- this really isn't as hard as it looks. i have only been crocheting for 2 months and   I am figuring it out (hopefully!)

saralynne- this is a great garmet to make if you don't have too much time. its just a bunch of granny squares. you can take them with you and do one or two when you get a few minutes to crochet!!

Cherriez- i would love to know how you are putting them together. i have a feeling its going to really confuse me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.c om

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Cherriez
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007 05:28:40 AM »

okay. I'll post some notes up tonight.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007 01:13:36 PM »

ok. i am having some trouble with the 4th round of the granny square.

Round 4: *Ch 5, sc into next ch-5 sp, ch 5, sc into next ch-3 sp, ch 5, sc into same ch-3 sp, ch 5, sc into next ch-5 sp,* rep from * to * 3 more times ending with sc into last ch sp. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

the chart>>>> http://www.crochetme.com/2006-Summer/images/bolero_stitch_diagram_lg.gif

the written directions and the chart are different. the chart shows a slip stitch- but the pattern doesnt. the chart also has the yarn starting out from a different place than it does in real life. i keep ending up with different numbers of loops when i am done. according to the chart i should have 16 when i am done, but i keep ending up with 12 13 or 14. i am getting really frustarted with having to take out the last round of every square and do it over and over until i get the right amount.

what am i doing wrong??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.c om

Cherriez
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007 03:25:22 PM »

I don't know what you're doing wrong....I didn't go by the chart, I went by the directions.  i just counted one of my squares, and I get 16 loops on row 4.  Also on round 4 I don't do the last 'step' "ending with sc into last ch sp"  I just slip stitch in the dc of the previous round. You could try that, if it helps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007 04:25:30 PM »

i still have no idea what i was doing wrong, but i figured out how to fix it. i just put two loops on each cluster and two loops on each of the loops below them-- if that makes sense. i think i have about 10 granny squares done... and i bought more yarn to make another one- in black... i'm horrible- i can't resist temptation in the yarn store...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.c om

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Diet Affects Auditions
How to Dress in Character for an Audition
How Eye Contact During Auditions Affects Performance
How Props Can Enhance Auditions
How Memorizing Lines Affects Your Audition
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...