A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completely Redesigned Store - Need Honest Opinions  (Read 925 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

omyluckystars03
« on: March 10, 2007 10:36:09 AM »

Hi,

I have completely redesigned my store. I need some honest opinions about the layout. Is it easy to navigate? Does it look professional? Thanks!

Store:
http://kilobyte.myshopify.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.kilobytecouture.com
Nerdy Jewelry and Accessories
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007 05:38:58 AM »

It works fine, looks nice and organized. My only problem is with your pictures - way too dark.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dirtythghts4
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007 06:01:02 AM »

i think your site looks great. it's clean and easy to navigate...easy to use. and your stuff is AWESOME.

good luck with it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*sigh* so is life, i've often said
Buttonberry
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007 10:16:07 AM »

i love it, you have a brilliant unique idea! - Great site, easy to navigate and nice big, clear photos! Awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.buttonberry.com  - eat, sleep, breathe, stitch
emcharl

Crafter + Photographer + Website Designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007 10:57:10 AM »

Hello,

The first thing I notice is you don't have your own domain name... it's on the shopify site, with a domain of your own you could hide that fact a little!

I dislike the popup when I click on the earring pic from the homepage, it feels "wrong" I cant scroll down, I can't find my way home, there is no navigation, I cant even hit the back button to go back to where I was. I would have to exit the page probably never finding my way back.... I'm using firefox by the way.

Actually to be brutally honest I dislike how your site is built, I clicked on the simi  hidden button on the bottom of the earrinng page which appears to have made me add the item to my shopping cart so i now have a pink bar at the bottom.... which makes me unable to see half of the page.... If i was a potential customer I would have given up on using this site long ago Sad

Sorry to attack your baby! Just trying to be honest, thinking how a potential buyer would think.

Emily
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website Design, SEO & Maintenance ---- http://www.emele-website-services.com
Handmade Cards & Gifts --- http://www.emelegifts.com
Photography --- http://www.zazzle.com/emele1*
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007 11:18:13 AM »

I think the pictures of your jewelery need to be on less busy backgrounds, when I am in say the pendant page the pictures are so small and they are lying on paper with words on it, I can't distinguish the pendant from the page and I don't really want to click on it to see what it looks like bigger.  Also, I can't really tell what the necklace is supposed to look like, whatever you have hung it on to take the picture really distracts from it.  Otherwise I think you are on your way to having a great website.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

omyluckystars03
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007 11:28:39 AM »

I agree about the pictures they are way too dark and too busy. I have a light tent now, and have been taking newer pictures against a white background, and plan on retaking the older pictures.

I really thought the theme I used was really easy to navigate. I have tested on a Mac in Camino and Windows in IE/Firefox. On the popup window there should be an exit button on the top right corner, and on the pink cart there should be a hide cart button on the left side. I will investigate further to see what exactly is causing these problems...i expect the javascripting. Thank you for all of your very honest comments. They are much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.kilobytecouture.com
Nerdy Jewelry and Accessories
bcrafty
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007 10:41:46 AM »

I'm using Internet Explorer and the only two thing I would change are, when I click on a picture of any of the earings, it brings me to a larger image with a description which is great but the top and bottom of the page are cut off.  Secondly, when I'm on that page and hit the back button it brings me back to the home page instead of the earing page.  Hope it helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007 05:49:02 PM »

on your cart popup bar at the bottom, you might consider making the "hide cart" thing an actual big button, instead of just text in the middle of other text. if, for example, there was another button under "checkout" that was the same size and said "hide cart," or if there was an X or minimize button on the top corner, so it would be something that the average non-computer-savvy user would be more familiar with, i think it would be recieved alot better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007 12:55:45 AM »

I like your product and the site seems like its done well. The only thing i would probably alter slightly are some of the images. I prefer a plain background so the focus is on the product, but others might not. Just thought i'd let you know

Also, if your not too busy perhaps you take a look at my site before i open it : http:robot-love.quietpanic.com and tell me what you think. Its not as snazzy as yours, my html and css skills are poor and selftaught lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Introduction to Beef Basics
How to Make Cucumber Appetizers
Plating the Crab Cakes
Making the Aioli for the Crab Cakes
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...