A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Afghan= cramped hand  (Read 2894 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batspit
« on: March 09, 2007 12:33:37 PM »

I finished my first afghan today.  I like it a lot. The colors are richer in real life and therefore a little less 70s than they appear in the photos.  I used a single crochet stitch throughout because its the only one I know and because I thought it would look really clean- and my fiance, who has been trying to convince me I'm making this afghan for him) suggested it would make it warmer.  Im just so glad its done!  I refuse to count stitches, so Im very pleased to say I only missed one stitch the whole time and managed to fix it.  The first thing I crocheted had edges that called to mind an amoeba, so this feels like quite an accomplishment to have a parallel edged blanket.

My sister came over the other dat when I was working on it and I asked her what she thought and she said "I was hoping you wouldn't ask.  I think those colors are really ugly together".  So say something nice, if you wouldn't mind.  My last crafter post got exactly 0 replies, so if I don't get at least a little bit of attention I'll be sad.  OK I'm done begging.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
looah77
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007 12:50:43 PM »

Oh wow! I don't think I could ever stand to make an afghan. Too much work on one project. What did you use for blue? It's stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ailsika
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007 12:53:02 PM »

I think it looks great! I like the color combo.  Smiley It looks like something you'd find at Urban Outfitters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batspit
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007 01:05:50 PM »

Thanks so much, ya'll made my day! Cheesy I used Lion Brand Jiffy Yarn, the blue is baby blue... The paprika is the orange-- really a stunning color in real life, then coco, and avacado and a stripes of grass green and apple green in the middle.  I got a little color-crazy, which is what my sister objected to, I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lucy_Stardust
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007 01:07:42 PM »

I think its awesome!! Smiley What yarn did you use? I love the colors, my first afghan was a single stitch one too Smiley They are very warm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katietr
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007 01:08:02 PM »

No offense to your sister - but I think those colors look fabulous together!!  I even like the way they look on the computer - a little bit 70's is nice sometimes.   Wink

Even before I read your text at the bottom, I said, "Oooh, I like that!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lucy_Stardust
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007 01:08:42 PM »

I guess i shouldve read it all before posting!! ;DThanks for letting us know what yarn i think its awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrysAM
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007 01:12:25 PM »

Wow, entirely in single crochet?  I don't have the patience for that!  Cheesy  It gives it such a clean look though that I might be tempted to try now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
straw_holder

still striving for perfection...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007 01:15:13 PM »

I really really like it!  I never would have picked those colors, but they look fabulous together!  I think you did a fantastic job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007 01:42:53 PM »

I love the colors and the way it looks.  don't listen to anyone else as long as you like it.   I think you did a wonderful job and I am sure it took you forever to do since it is quite large (although maybe I just crochet very slowly.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Custom Velvet Eyelashes at the Douglas Hannant FW 2014 Show
How Can You Find Your Sexy Scent?
A Mother’s Day Gift of Youth
Get Marilyn Monroe’s Red Lip Look
Get Inspired by This Fun, Bold Look for Your Senior Prom
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...