A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,900
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Entrelac Socks  (Read 32746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madeleine09
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2007 06:05:05 PM »

How is everyone carrying their yarn along the inside?  Huh  Mine has these "jumps" where the yarn is long from going from one block to the next. Am I doing something wrong?

Personally, I didn't fuss with the directions for carrying the yarn. When I'm done with one color, I drop it to the back and forget about it until I need it again. And even then, I simply pick it up without twisting- I just make sure the tension isn't too tight on the strand... otherwise the sock won't stretch correctly on one side. I've finished one knee-high sock and there aren't any gaps or unsightly places because of this.

I started these socks last night, after finally getting together the time (ok, and will) to dye the yarn and hang it to dry. I'm using knitpicks bare merino, and am spot on with gauge.
I don't have any gaps on the front, but on the back, my yellow yarn has extra length from going from one block to the next that my toes catch on when I try them on. I don't think there is a way to change it, but I didn't know if anyone had any insight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mllejessy
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2007 07:52:50 AM »

Progress pic!

I'm loving this pattern so far.  I think I may do less blocks for the foot though--it seems like 5 might be too long.  Anybody else done that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2007 03:59:51 PM »

Like the colors! I love these socks! Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2007 10:45:31 AM »

I thought about doing less repeats for the foot length, but the length gave me a little extra stretch widthwise. I have pretty chubby, short feet, so I suppose they compensated.

The only problem that I could see with you cutting out a block repeat is the color separation- you'll end up with mc block on a mc triangle on a mc heel. Or, you could cut out two block repeats to keep the color pattern up, but it might make the sock incredibly short.

Either way, your sock is looking great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
mllejessy
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2007 06:28:38 PM »

I thought about doing less repeats for the foot length, but the length gave me a little extra stretch widthwise. I have pretty chubby, short feet, so I suppose they compensated.

See, I have really narrow feet.  I've got 4 rows of each color before the heel triangles and it seems ok.  I knocked out a lot of the foot while tailgating Deathly Hallows Smiley
The wrapped stitches in the short rows are confusing me.  Do I need to hide them, like the magazine says?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2007 07:30:50 AM »

All these socks are so so amazing!!! I can't find Interweave Spring anywhere these days -- does anyone want to swap for it??? I would love to try out these socks.

You all have done a beautiful job, I hope to see more soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspot.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
amyb444
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2007 09:41:25 AM »

All these socks are so so amazing!!! I can't find Interweave Spring anywhere these days -- does anyone want to swap for it??? I would love to try out these socks.

You all have done a beautiful job, I hope to see more soon.
You can buy the back issue here http://www.interweaveknits.com/backissues/
and right now they have a sale going where if you buy four back issues of any of their magazines (IK, knitscene, etc) you get the fifth free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2007 11:47:41 AM »

Oh that's great! (But shipping is almost 5 dollars for one magazine!)

Still loving all these socks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspot.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2007 07:32:43 PM »

I'm on the second repeat after the heel on sock #2. Yay!! The first sock went incredibly quickly, but the second is trailing along slowly... I can't wait to finish and wear them both- I've been knitting one sock while wearing the other  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
superstitch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2007 10:20:46 PM »

i did that with my jaywalkers! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
The Most Genius Fix for Frizzed-Out Locks
Bobby Pins Get Super-Trendy in This Hairstyle Tutorial
Will This at Home Kit Make DIY Bangs a Breeze?
Rock This Easy Updo That Was Made for Warm Weather
Get the Perfect Braid for Shorter Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...