A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Entrelac Socks  (Read 26814 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

strangequark
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2007 04:42:38 PM »

All that said, I am way off gauge. I'm only getting like 13 st/2 inches.

Are you knitting with the yarn slack or are you pulling it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amyb444
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2007 06:09:53 PM »

I've been trying to knit it slack. I had to go down to size 1s, and I'm still too big.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strangequark
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007 07:22:07 PM »

I've been trying to knit it slack. I had to go down to size 1s, and I'm still too big.  Undecided

Well...I fucked up for what I put for my gauge and I just remeasured. I'm at 14 sts/2inches. On the cascade fixation.

I finished a sock and I will post a picture for you when I get some batteries for my camera. Sorry I'm a space cadet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amyb444
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007 08:48:31 PM »

Well...I fucked up for what I put for my gauge and I just remeasured. I'm at 14 sts/2inches. On the cascade fixation.

I finished a sock and I will post a picture for you when I get some batteries for my camera. Sorry I'm a space cadet.

Hey that's cool by me! That means I might be able to make it work after all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mllejessy
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2007 02:53:34 PM »

I've been eyeing this pattern forever and just bought the yarn for it--bright pink solid and grey tweed.
And hey, if that doesn't work out, I still can make pink and grey socks, so win-win!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strangequark
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2007 09:21:33 PM »

Sorry it took so long for me to post. I've been making tons of shower gifts. So, I've only finished the one sock. I'm pretty pleased with it. Even so, it's the second one that I have knit, so I'm going to take a short break before finishing the other one.

I'm really happy that I switched to the Cascade Fixation. I only used one skein of the orange, and about 3/4 skein of the green to make this sock, so all in all, they will have cost me 20 bucks. With the Esprit, it would be 12. Not a bad deal.

This sock is super stretchy (except for the heel) and wonderful. It is thick and soft and luscious and many friends and have touched it and cuddled it, because it literally is cuddly. I was hoping that the cotton would make it wonderful to wear in the summer, but it appears to be a pretty warm sock. Some people have asked about walking on it, and it's lovely. The yarn is absolutely lovely.

I did have to increase to 8 stitch rectangles pretty quickly. I did 3 at 6, 2 at 7 and the rest at 8 to get the right fit for me.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007 09:23:45 PM by strangequark » THIS ROCKS   Logged
girldistracted
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2007 11:12:29 PM »

Wow, strangequark, that's absolutely gorgeous! I never would have thought to put those two colours together, but it looks great. I'm debating knitting these, but the yarn I ordered looks different in real life and the colours just don't go that well together (they're both gorgeous though, so I'm not too fussed, I can still make other pretty socks from it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceypooh

I've looked at clouds from both sides now..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2007 11:49:38 PM »

i'm happy to hear the fixation is working out well. i got some in chocolate and ecru, i just haven't started on the socks yet.  you're making me want to though..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to have fun. I want to shine like the sun. I want to be the one that you want to see. I want to knit you a sweater. I want to write you a love letter. I want to make you feel better. I want to make you feel free. --Joni Mitchell

http://laceyknitsandpearls.blogspot.com/
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2007 10:56:39 PM »

I started these socks last night, after finally getting together the time (ok, and will) to dye the yarn and hang it to dry. I'm using knitpicks bare merino, and am spot on with gauge. In case you're wondering, these are my college team's colors. I can't wait for football season to start!

Oh, and please ignore the little holes in the heel- I obviously don't hold the yarn tight enough on a turn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
caffeine_fiend
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2007 11:00:15 PM »

Totally awesome I love it! Gotta love team spirit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Walk in Their Shoes: Can One Person Change the World?
A Great Game by Stephen J. Harper
Tim Conway: What Are You Reading?
Christy Haubegger: The Starting Line
Christy Haubegger: A Latina Heroine
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...