A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Entrelac Socks  (Read 27422 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

strangequark
« on: March 09, 2007 12:17:19 PM »

http://www.interweave.com/images/imagesknit/img_knit_backissue/toc_spr07/entreloc_socks1.jpg
Anybody started these yet? I'm new to entrelac, so I'm pretty excited. I am working through the tutorial in the Spring Interweave Knits that comes before the pattern.
I am also doing the KAL: www.entrelacsocks.blogspot.com

I finished the entrelac on straight needles swatch and I'm going to work the one in the round this afternoon and then start the socks either tonight or tomorrow. I am going to Brietenbush Hot Springs on sunday too, so I think I will be sitting on the porch in the woods knitting up some entrelac socks between soaking.

I definitely cannot afford the koigu yarn, so I got some fingering wool from a local place here. I saw a woman online who had posted pictures of the first couple inches she had and they looked great. She was using knitpicks gloss, which I think was a good choice.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007 09:44:20 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knattyknits

Floyd thinks Pangea is good enough to eat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007 12:33:25 PM »

i am drooling over the thought of your vintage yarn find. i can't wait to see the final product!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
discoprincess
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007 01:24:29 PM »

I got hooked on entrelac with Lady E. Then I saw these and I WANT!!!! I agree the yarn is pricey so I'm searching for a sub that also comes in the colors I want.

I'll join in when I have the yarn in hand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines. I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore

Ravelry: disco
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007 04:46:26 PM »

I dream of these socks...  maybe someday.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007 05:07:57 PM »

I have the yarn (a couple of different brands), I have the motivation, but I also already have upwards of a dozen WIPs. I have vowed to finish at least 3 of those WIPs before I start anything else, no matter how small (like, for example, an entrelac swatch that would double as an iPod case) or how gorgeously clever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007 05:46:20 PM »

*pout*

I have yet to receive my Spring issue of IK! I've been visiting and revisiting the IK website simply to drool over those gorgeous socks...

I want!!! [insert juvenile tantrum here]

As soon as I get my issue, I should be joining this kal. Hopefully, you girls won't be done with the socks already by then  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
strangequark
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007 09:16:26 AM »

I just cast these on last night. Not that I got too far, but I just had to jump in there. I used the knitty magic cast on, rather than the middle east cast on, cause I didn't find a nice tutorial for it till today. I guess the MECO is also called "Figure 8". Hello yarn has a great tutorial for that if anyone needs it.

fragolina_piccolina: i seriously doubt we will be done by the time you get your mag!! that sucks. i have a couple of friends who are still waiting on theirs too.

juniperl: I know. These socks have been a major motivating factor in my life. They got me to finish 3 projects that have been sitting around forever because I wanted to knit them with a clear-project heart! LOL. You are a fab knitter and I would love to see what you come up with if you ever decide to do it though!

disco: sounds great! lemme know what you pick. i know a woman in texas that wants to join, but she's scared of using wool cause she thinks it'll be too hot. she was looking around for a plant fiber substitute but hasn't found anything really affordable. most people i know are doing them in palette (knitpicks) i guess.

knattyknits: omg. seriously. i can't believe that place just has all that wonderful old virgin wool sitting around. there is a bunch of "2-ply" yarn, which I think is a lacy weight and I think I may go get some spools of that later and make a pretty shawl. I think that yarn needs to be turned into beautiful things instead of sitting in a corner as a remnant of the 60's. hehe
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007 09:18:09 AM by strangequark » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tribaltaisan
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007 02:06:33 PM »

I really want to make these socks, I just have to order the yarn.  Any good recomendations besides the koigu?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strangequark
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007 03:04:29 PM »

I really want to make these socks, I just have to order the yarn.  Any good recomendations besides the koigu?

I think it sort of depends on what you're looking for. Do you want something that doesn't cost as much?
Knitpicks Gloss ($25 dollars worth, merino wool and silk) and Palette ($10 dollars worth, peruvian wool)are two options that I've seen people using.
One of the women in the KAL is using some yarn from Fearless Fibers which is a local place here in Oregon.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007 04:04:37 PM »

i started these with some stash yarn on size 2s because i wear a size 11 shoe and i figured it would help make the sock bigger, well it made the sock way too big, i need to get some yarn and work the socks on size 1's
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Camera Tips: Stage Lighting Setup
Digital Camera Tips: Lens Cleaning
Digital Camera Tips: Why Not Auto White Balance
Digital Camera Tips: When to use the Flash
Digital Camera Tips: Check Your Focus
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...