A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vinyl record purse  (Read 9787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beautyproof
« on: March 09, 2007 05:22:59 AM »

Hello there! I'm so proud of my purse, so I need to show it off!!!

Its main materials are scratched vinyl records and an old curtain I got at a thrift store.

Detail of the 'rose' in the middle.

I wanted to use the vinyl as a material, and not mainly as a record, so I covered up the centre, bent and cut them. To sew the fabric to the records, I drilled holes in them, and heated the records up in an oven to cut and bend them.

If you have any ideas for changes I could make, especially to the handles (not liking them much, myself), let me know.

Thank you for looking!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009 08:57:56 AM by beautyproof » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Diane Crafts
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007 06:04:39 AM »

This is very cute.  I have 2 records cut and ready to be made into a purse but just haven't had/made the time to sit down and figure out the fabric part yet.  I would be very interested in seeing just how you put your bag together.  Great job and I love the color and the rose center.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VenusEnvy
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007 06:22:46 AM »

That is super cute! I love it.  I would love to see how you put it all together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007 04:31:26 PM »

So would I - I have a friend who would LOVE that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
distractedlily
"Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007 09:04:15 PM »

WOW!!!  I am amazed!!  What a creative mind you have, way to recycle creatively!!! Shocked  Would love to see the pictures of how you put it together, please..  How did you get the fabric attached to the vinyl, adhesive?  SOOOO COOLLL!!!  Love the rose in the middle of the record, great addition!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautyproof
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007 10:47:42 AM »

Thank you SO much for the nice comments! Cheesy I'm making a tutorial of sorts anyway, so as soon as I'm done with it, I'll add it on here!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007 07:27:37 PM »

I'm SO excited for the tutorial!!!  THANK YOU!!!  I'm not sure I understand all of the tutorial, but it's definitely enough to get me started and then I think I'll be able to either figure it out or just make something up.  Again, thank you!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
beautyproof
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007 03:40:30 PM »

I'm SO excited for the tutorial!!!  THANK YOU!!!  I'm not sure I understand all of the tutorial, but it's definitely enough to get me started and then I think I'll be able to either figure it out or just make something up.  Again, thank you!   Grin
Hehe, my tutorial is so bad, I can hardly understand it myself! I'm so bad at explaining things...but I'll keep trying to improve it, and just ask if there's something you're wondering about.

And I'd love to see the results if you make something Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007 03:42:17 PM »

that's probably the cutest bag i've ever seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007 05:35:49 PM »

No, you did fine!  You know how it's easier to make sense of the directions as you do it.  I have to get the records and find fabric for her and then I'll be starting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Turn Yourself Into A Zombie in Photoshop
How To Import Your PSD Layout Into Dreamweaver Part 2/2
How To Import Your PSD Layout Into Dreamweaver Part 1/2
How to Selective Color In Photoshop
How To Upload Your Videos In Widescreen in Camtasia Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...