A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Swap Round 4 Gallery  (Read 21929 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gwydion
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2007 10:07:21 PM »

Sneak preview for Kaiser:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/72227sneak_peek.jpg

I scanned some of the left-over bits.  The wheel thingy is actually orange in real life.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011 09:20:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2007 05:41:06 AM »

Well after fighting with my camera I figured out how to get my pictures.
Thank you so much DisneyFan!! I love everything.
I got a covered journal, a cell phone cozy in the shape of a kitty, a pair of socks and hair thingys.

Here's by slippers and the back of the cell phone cozy.

Me modeling my slippers

And my lovely hat that I'm wearing right now! Look at the ear flaps! Ignore the creepy stare I was trying to take the picture by looking at the back of my camera in the mirror.

I love everything! And after trying to learn how to crochet I can completely appreciate all of my crocheted goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BatGrrl
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2007 06:20:33 AM »

I'm running late to travel this morning, but I wanted to post a pic of my super package from sparklypants before we hit the road:

When we get back, I will edit this post with better pictures and much gushing.  Everything was wrapped in awesome purple fabric: awesome purple bat hook, super-soft wrist cuff, hippo-head pouch (with suction-cup spiderweb inside), stuffie with attitude, and beautiful rainbow lizard mirror.  That's my cat trying to sneak up for another round of sniffing--she sniffed everything diligently, except for the stuffie, which she ignored pointedly.  I think she felt threatened.   Wink

Thanks, sparklypants, for an awesome package!

--awesome package post, part 2--

OK, so I've got all the close-up pictures ready to roll now.  I love my package from sparklypants!

First, a close-up of the bat hook:

I love the color and texture of the paint, and of course I love the rubber bat!  I had a hard time photographing this, because the paint apparently had a very attractive smell for Pandora Underfoot (the unusually creepy-looking cat trying to creep up in the picture above).  I needed a hook for my bathrobe, so this is perfect!

Next, the lizard mirror:

I love the rainbow effect of these little rubber reptiles, and this mirror is going to my office so that I have a place to touch up my lipstick after lunch when I'm teaching.  It is, however, coming back home for the summer, because it is too awesome to hang on a wall unseen during the summer months.

The hippo pouch:

I have a soft spot for hippos that may trace back to a childhood love of the game Hungry Hungry Hippos, and making this guy's head into a pouch was brilliant!  He has a little velcro closure on the back so that you can stuff him fulll of whatever you need to carry.  I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to keep in my hippo's head, because I'm waffling between wanting to use him all the time where people can see him and wanting to keep him safe at home so he stays looking nice.   Grin  There's also the cool suction-cup spiderweb that was in his head when he arrived--I put it back on the purple fabric to help it show up better than it did on my crappy carpet.

The wrist cuff:

This cuff is very super-soft, and it features a clever velcro closure for easier donning and undonning.  I wear wrist cuffs frequently to help with my tendonitis, so this is a great swap item for me!

And last but not least, the attitude-laden stuffie:

I love the expression on this stuffie's face!  This stuffie is not going to take any crap from anyone and is not easily impressed.  (It probably votes two paws down for every movie it sees!)  It's absolutely adorable, and, as I stated above, the cat won't go near it, which is pretty comical since she's such a world-class sniffer.

I loved this package, right down to the shiny purple wrapping, and I'm enjoying the contents thorougly.  Thanks, sparklypants, for an awesome swap!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011 03:45:31 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2007 04:12:36 PM »

Some great packages!  I love the picture of the cat in the mirror  Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2007 04:32:02 PM »

I'm posting pictures tonight, But i wanted everyone to know Gwydion spoiled me. A lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
ninjanator
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2007 09:19:09 PM »

oh those slippers look so nice DisneyFan! Smiley you're lucky lady Cheesy

and i love that lizard mirror as well although the cat did spook me a little bit Tongue

is anyone else having as much fun with these easter smilies as i am? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2007 05:41:11 AM »

So for some reason I had posted this in the swap sign up thread thinking that it was the gallery.  So I'm moving it to the appropriate place now, so my pics can play with all it's friends.  Roll Eyes

So I must say a HUGE thank you to krafty kelly!  I received my package today and it was fab-u-lous!  Here's some pics:

First, a super handy scissors caddy with attached pin cushion...

Second, some awesome felt beads...

Third, some handy dandy coasters made from a vinyl tablecloth and contact paper...

Fourth, a beautifully decoupaged wine case for crochet hooks and such...

And finally, my favourite item of them all...content slash rabid sock bunny!!

Thank you krafty kelly so so so much!  I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2007 07:41:40 AM »

That scissor caddy is a good idea! I'm always loosing my scissors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2007 08:10:52 AM »

I have serious scissor issues too!  I could be holding them in my hand and they just disappear into thin air.  A couple months ago I bought hooks at the dollar store and lined them up on the wall.  Now I have Scissor Wall and I'm not losing them quite as much.  But with my new caddy I can just keep them in one place and use the hooks for everything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2007 08:46:38 AM »

In case you all haven't figured it out, but the scissors caddy is a potholder.  I got the idea from here http://www.caron-net.com/may02files/may02kid.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 1
The Coolest Crop Tops of 2013
Stretching Your Dollar: Great Affordable Gifts
Holiday Party Dresses from Boohoo
Glamorous Dresses for Every Occasion
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...