A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12-point Star Blanketa.k.a. Round Ripple (w/pattern link)  (Read 73749 times)
Tags for this thread: star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

malenka
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2009 12:41:27 PM »

Hi,Im new here.I was looking or a pattern for this blanket and found this site.Its awesome.All the star blankies are so beautiful.
I am in the process of making one for my friends granddaughter who is due in April.I am using Barnet jacquards "Easter basket" varigated for the center,then lilac Bernat Softee baby as well as white for in between.I will alternate these 3 colours till I'm done.Im using an F hook,so its very tiny stitches.I hope I'm done by March 8th for the shower,lol.Well I will post a pic when I'm done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
garke930
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2009 10:18:05 AM »

I love this pattern - I have made 2 of these.  My first one was the pink/white and the second is the blue/white.  I made a matching sweater to go with the pink/white one and will make another to match the blue one.

(clickable pics)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2009 10:40:27 AM »

Those are really pretty! I love the blue one, what color/yarn(s) did you use? Did you post the sweaters, I'd love to see those too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

garke930
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2009 10:53:27 AM »

I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby in Soft Blue and Medium Blue.  The yarn is so soft - I really do love this yarn!!  Here is a pic of the sweater I made to go with it.  I haven't made one to match the blue one yet.

(clickable pics)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2009 12:04:21 PM »

oh my god so cute i want to try that pattern too is it hard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2009 02:33:47 PM »

That's too cute! I think I want to make another of these blankets, it was a lot of fun to make and easy once the pattern is started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

garke930
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2009 03:10:18 PM »

Zella-I'm not sure if your asking if the sweater or the afghan is hard to make but the answer to either one is - NO - they are both very easy to make.  The sweater is the 1st one I have ever made - its made in one piece - and so cute.  I made the crochet buttons according to the pattern also - easy-peasy!!  Give it a try - you'll like it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2009 04:50:02 PM »

Zella-I'm not sure if your asking if the sweater or the afghan is hard to make but the answer to either one is - NO - they are both very easy to make.  The sweater is the 1st one I have ever made - its made in one piece - and so cute.  I made the crochet buttons according to the pattern also - easy-peasy!!  Give it a try - you'll like it. 
it was to the sweater  i have a ton of homespun yarn though i may use some other yarn since yours came out fine with out using it well better then fine super cute like i said lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2009 12:38:17 PM »

I was debating which thread to post this in, since it's a round ripple made with baby yarn.  I decided to post it here because this is where I got the pattern. ^_^

Here is an in-progress picture:

It's made with Bernat Baby Co-ordinates Sweet Stripes "Candy Stripes".  It's an alarming pink/purple striping yarn, and I'm doing it two-stranded, which is blending the colours somewhat in places.

I love this pattern. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2009 01:38:02 PM »

Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Selection of Pies
Gingerbread Deserts
Peppermint Perfection Deserts
How to Make Eggnog Pound Cake
Warm Cinnamon Apples Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...