A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12-point Star Blanketa.k.a. Round Ripple (w/pattern link)  (Read 75996 times)
Tags for this thread: star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silverfisch
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2008 10:17:20 AM »

thanks Aelita Cheesy it's currently growing and on row 13
it's not a Blythe, but we could say it's like a big brother of those dolls... he's an Asian Ball-Jointed Doll  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2008 08:54:06 PM »

thanks Aelita Cheesy it's currently growing and on row 13
it's not a Blythe, but we could say it's like a big brother of those dolls... he's an Asian Ball-Jointed Doll  Wink

Wow those are awesome I wish I could afford one of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
silverfisch
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2008 10:20:34 AM »

since I need dishclothes for my kitchen, I tried this pattern with some microfibre yarn and I think I like the look Grin I am going to try a second one in orange and with a bigger hook

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shutupandsmile
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2008 08:50:22 PM »

i started a spiderman one about two weeks ago...its roughly 42 inches tip to tip right now...but its for my 23 year old brother so i'm shooting for it being 6 feet tip to tip...i may give up in between though  ....i hope i can get it big before i get sick of it though...cause it will be an epic b day present if i do Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marycatherine
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2008 11:23:14 AM »

i started a spiderman one about two weeks ago...its roughly 42 inches tip to tip right now...but its for my 23 year old brother so i'm shooting for it being 6 feet tip to tip...i may give up in between though  ....i hope i can get it big before i get sick of it though...cause it will be an epic b day present if i do Grin

Keep going it'll be beautiful when its done!!Here's one I finished and I did 3....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mary Catherine

I Love to Crochet!!
kowaiusagi
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2008 03:53:56 PM »

i'm making my brother one of these for his wedding.  it's supposed to be big enough for a queen sized bed (NEVER make this blanket that big!!). 

here's a pic of it a few weeks ago.  once it's completely done and i have some place to spread it out i'll take a pic of the whole thing.

(if that doesn't work, here's the link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/arlip/Dsc04559.jpg)

i posted this question in the discussion forum but i figured i'd ask here too: what's the best way to fold one of these blankets?  i've just been kinda folding it in half a couple times and shoving it into whatever bag i was using.  any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ravelry name: kowaiusagi

feel free to friend me!
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2008 07:05:11 PM »

That's how I fold mine. It's a smaller one though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2008 12:18:57 AM »

I guess that's how I do mine too. I fold it in half (6 points) then fold it in half again (3 points) and if it's not too big yet I can fold it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
kowaiusagi
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2008 01:08:56 AM »

the problem with doing the folding-in-half-twice method is that, even at the '3-poin' stage, it's still huge!  too big to be stored nicely.  if it were lap or baby blanket sized, i think that method would suffice.  why oh why did i decide to make this project so huge??? oh yeah... only brother getting married... his wife-to-be is awesome soon... wanted something nice they could pass down to their children... blah blah blah...

a quilter over at the discussion/question forum (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254770.0) suggested folding it into thirds, then thirds again.  i may have to fold it in half yet again to get it into a box, but this sounds like the neatest method for doing it!

thanks for everyone's help!  i hope my brother and sister-in-law (to be) like it.  rather, they had BETTER like it (hehehe).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ravelry name: kowaiusagi

feel free to friend me!
shutupandsmile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2008 11:07:11 AM »

wow kowaiusagi you give me motiviation to keep working on mine

yours is beautiful by the way
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Skies with Watercolors
Watercolor Painting Basics
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Blacks
How to Paint Flowers with Watercolors
How to Paint with Watercolors
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...