A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12-point Star Blanketa.k.a. Round Ripple (w/pattern link)  (Read 74742 times)
Tags for this thread: star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ax174
« on: March 08, 2007 05:43:47 AM »

Many thanks to Aelita for bringing this blanket to our attention!

If you're addicted to making the Star Baby Blanket, but want a slightly different twist, join me in making a 12-point Star Blanket, also known as the Round Ripple Afghan.

The free pattern is here:
http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

and here are some photos of completed blankets on Craftster:
here,
here,
here,
here,
here, and
here (there are probably more, but these are the most recent ones).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 01:32:09 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

boogersmiley
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007 03:09:13 PM »

hi,
I really like this pattern. I just happen to be making one right now but my pattern is for a spider man web in black web with alternating red and blue rings.  i had a little trouble with the first few rings but the i READ THE PATTERN and it turns out, it is a really easy pattern to make and it grows so fast!  I'm making this one for my son but then i want to make some for myself. 
I was thinking of making some like solid lime green with black webbing or purple with white webbing and then make a silhouette of a spider to sew on and decorate the house for halloween.  The batteries in my camara are dead so I'll have to post pic's later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007 09:19:37 PM »

Cool boogersmiley when it's done post a pic in here so we can see it. It's still a 12 point and colors don't matter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
Ginger.T
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007 06:08:49 PM »

I'm so glad someone started this thread!  After making a giant star shaped afghan, I moved to the 12-point round ripple.  I have done two now--one in pink and white stripes; one in blue and white stripes for a friend who is having twins--a boy and a girl in May 2007.  I love them.  It's great mindless crocheting once you get it started. 

I can't post pictures right now--sorry!  But I highly endorse this pattern   Smiley  and will continue to make them over and over, I'm sure. 

Pictures soon.--Ginger

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007 07:18:10 PM »

Ahw Ginger T I just made a pink and white and blue and white 5 point starghans for a friend who is having twins in May too. Isn't that cool?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007 02:43:43 PM »

Well here's my progress so far:

I'm on round 16 and it's about 20" across from tip to tip. At first I didn't think the pink would look right with the variegated which is called Bunny Print but now that I have a few rows of it the pink looks good with it. Even the white in between it loks fine.
Here is close up of the variegated color:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007 10:44:29 AM by Aelita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007 04:05:45 PM »

Aelita, your afghan reminds me of a watermelon because it's green, pink, and white.  Grin

This is mine, done in Bernat Cottontots.  I was going for an Easter egg look.  It's got 30 rounds in it.  Here it is with a DVD on top to show the size.

Even after I blocked it, it stretches only from my toes to the bottom of my rib-cage, so I'm going to make it bigger.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007 04:10:06 PM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007 06:40:43 PM »

Cool I like the colors of yours I may add purple to mines. Hey Futurama I so love that cartoon even though they have no new eps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PhoenixDawn

Um, so how does this work?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007 09:20:46 PM »

i've just finished making the five point star afghan, which was easy and fun.  I'd like to try this 12 point star afghan, and i was just wondering if it would work in a chunky yarn.  i did the starghan in superchunky yarn and it turned out great, but I was wondering if chunky yarn would ruin the pattern of the 12 point afghan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007 11:30:03 AM »

I don't think it would ruin it at all. You should try it out I think these patterns are versitile and any yarn can be used for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian Style Seared Duck Breast
Stinky Tofu in Hong Kong
How to Make Thai Cabbage Salad
How To Cook Easy Indian Dishes
Thai Foodcast: Thai Fried Rice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...