A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
815 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Housewives?!  (Read 3226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gurlpurl

born 200 years too late

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004 11:11:05 AM »

perhaps this thread should be called the millions of uses for vinegar?  tee hee!  keep them coming!xo, gurlpurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like bats
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004 11:32:21 AM »

Ah crafty housewives.......not technically a housewife but since I do all the house work.....I guess I am.   I love dinner parties but hate cleaning up after them.  So I came up with a great idea to use plastic disposbale plates for large dinner parties (15+).  I take solid colored plate and them place a picture related to a theme or the holiday on teh plate and place the a clear plastic plate over it.  Then I place the name card on the plate with the a clear plastic bowl over that. 

People always comment on how wonderful it looks. 

Boo   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004 12:33:42 PM »

Housewife wanna be here too!!!! I am at work right now  Cry
my husband is up for possible promotion and I was trying to guess how much that promtion would be the other night then figuring how much it would take to get out of debt then when I could become a housewife and mommy. my mother in law asked what I wanted to do with my life the other day and I asked well um, really stay home and raise a family and craft like my mom did. my mom ran a crafting business from our house.
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004 12:46:33 PM »

I was a housewife for a couple years when we first got married but am now a wannabe.  Maybe someday!

Does anyone do the Flylady program (www.flylady.net)  It really helps me keep things organized. 

And I don't know what I'd do w/out those Mr Clean Erasers.  I love them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ndnchick

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2004 01:20:48 PM »

HELP!!!  My three year old is an artist.   Cheesy  Everytime I turn around he is writing and coloring on the walls with ANYTHING he can get his little hands on!  His bedroom is just horrible.  There is crayon, permanent marker, my makeup, red koolaid, and pretty much everything!  I have tried the magic erasers, it took a little bit off but it didn't really work.  I love it for cleaning other places in the house, just not the walls.   Undecided  Anyone know of something that can help me clean the walls? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amareluna
Head Nerd at Nyxia's Lair

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004 01:21:19 PM »

Magic Eraser or Never Dull (works like a charm)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2004 01:24:59 PM »

So what is the definition of housewife for this?  I work but I do all the same house work that I did when I did not work?  To be fair my hubby cleans the kitchen on weekdays since he works from home.  But even though I work full time I still have all the same responsibilities? 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2004 03:34:23 PM »

ohh ohh <<hausfrau here Cheesy
yayyyy! this is a great thread already Cheesy
I prefer to be known as a Domestic Goddess though...somehow Housewife doesnt sound very modern. LOL

oh, and yes, Mr. Clean magic Eraser is great...just make sure the wee ones dont ingest it...its made of some really nasty toxic stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
vintagechick
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004 09:58:38 AM »

I was wondering the same thing...what's the definition of housewife here?  I work full-time also, but every time I'm away from home, I wish I weren't. Does that make me a housewife?  I'm in the same boat as the other poster about debt.  I'm just counting down the days till I get to stay home.  It's definitely where my heart is! 

I did the flylady thing for a while, got in some really great routines which helped a lot, but then we moved and I fell off the bandwagon. There for awhile, my mom, both aunts and I were all doing it!  It was great to have everything organized.  At one point, I never had to clean house for more than 15-30 minutes at a time because I had all the chores divided up between 5 days of the week.  I need to get back on that, though.  Definitely makes life easier on the both of us (no kids yet).

Another thing that's making our lives easier is living by a strict budget.  We're using the Dave Ramsey stuff (Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace)...it's working out great.  We're working a "debt snowball" and seeing progress all the time!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004 11:29:21 AM »

Once again, Boo, you and I are on the same page (ugh, I hate that cliche) with this.  I work full-time but I'm still the one responsible for the house and all the "housewife" things.  My husband doesn't work, currently, but he's a grad student, so a lot of his time is taken up with writing zillions of 25-page papers.  He occasionally does some dishes and he occasionally will take out some trash and he occasionally will cook (I wish he'd cook more often, he's like my own personal Alton Brown).  But I do the grocery shopping, the cleaning, the laundry, and I pay the bills and keep the budget.

Like Hillary, my dream "job" would be to raise kids and make crafts, and if I had to keep house along with that, I'm all for it.  I don't have any big-time career aspirations.  I work because I have to, for income and for health insurance.

Let's see if I can think of a helpful hint...  Um, don't have dogs if you don't like to vacuum  Wink 

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A.J. Jacobs Reveals What Readers Think About Him
Meet Author Albert Clayton Gaulden
Julia Gregson Reveals Her Favorite Person in History
ReShonda Tate Billingsley Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Daisy Lewellyn Talks About Never Pay Retail Again
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...