A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Rooms/Organizing Craft Supplies  (Read 9740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008 06:18:59 PM »

Some of the posts that inspire me and get me the most excited are organizers that people have made. I have this fantasy of one day being totally organized, and have already decided to make organizers based on some of the ones posted here. I know Craftster already has a "make stuff to carry stuff" in the Purses, Bags, Wallets board, and I suppose some of the examples would fit into the Home Sweet Home section, but I'd like to see a separate area for self-made organizers. I know I, for one, would be much more motivated to get organized if I had a specific spot to look in for things like that.

I don't know about the rest of you, but seeing all the posts with the pictures of craft areas that look like they've been hit by a tornado and then the beautiful spaces that people have made for themselves always makes me excited - seeing rainbows of fabric, beads, tools, pains, and whatnot makes me smile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008 08:11:28 PM »

LOVE THIS IDEA! Please, Leah, consider it?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008 04:29:47 PM »

I'll vote for this Smiley yet another topic that gets scattered all over. Maybe as a hild board under Home Sweet Home? as that is generally where the crafting takes place Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008 12:48:34 AM »

I'm all for this idea!!  I have been blessed with a craft space of my own and it was the pits searching here for ideas on storage and organization.  Took me hours.  There is a particularly good post about getting your craft room mess demessed.
All for it, please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008 10:53:32 AM »

This is a nice idea, you can discuss ways to store and other alternatives to store thigns that you normally just throw in boxes and put it in the attic or something like that, maybe you can post box, organized things area here too as completed projects? (colorful or DIY boxes or something like that?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devynos
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008 07:35:21 AM »

This would be helpful, since organization is often what gets in the way of my crafting!  Even having a place to show before and after would be an inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bleedingfingertips
Life enjoying engineer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010 08:46:13 AM »

A board for craft room issues might be a good idea.

A place to discuss storage solutions, organizing issues, how to squeeze hobbygears for a room in under the deadspace under a stair etc. Or just a place of posting pics of your hobbyroom and personalzed solutions.

I think.. This is a forum for craftsters so there are definitely not slackers and daydrifters in here, so I bet there are a lot of funny, nifty, smart and clever designs and solutions out there.

A craft room is many times a room that must host a lot of equipment, gear and materials but for most homes is quite small in floorspace. A place for changing experiences and ideas how to solve issues for this room would probably lead to more creative craft spaces for most of us.

Another reason (atleast for a machine fetishist like me) is simply to have somewhere to drool over different machine pictures and smart organized craft places.  Cool
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010 08:50:08 AM by bleedingfingertips » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always trying to improve my needle skills to prevent my fingertips from bleeding..

Armed with a needle.. but no needle in my arm.
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010 09:29:50 AM »

great idea!!!  i would love to see how other people organize their craft rooms.  im bad at organization in general and can never figure out how to store my ever growing stash of supplies. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bleedingfingertips
Life enjoying engineer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2010 10:45:36 AM »

Yes, yes, yes!!

This kind of board would be wonderful! (I hold my thumbs that it goes through)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always trying to improve my needle skills to prevent my fingertips from bleeding..

Armed with a needle.. but no needle in my arm.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2010 11:08:46 AM »

There isn't a full board currently dedicated to craft rooms, but if you're looking for some inspiration, check out the HOME SWEET HOME > Interior Decorating: Completed Projects board: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=115.0

There is a "craft room" tag, too, which has quite a bit of awesome:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=craft_room
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Resize Quilt Blocks
Freestyle Piecing to Make Original Quilt Blocks
How to Make a Metallic Chevron Serving Tray
How to Make Easy Fabric Floral Brooch
DIY Painted Umbrellas
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...