A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Rooms/Organizing Craft Supplies  (Read 8932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kellbell
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006 12:03:49 PM »

I am awstruck!!!!!! I bet Heaven has something that looks very similar.I may be a copy cat, I want to convert my home office into the EXACT same thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nitesprite17

"Make believe is much too fun"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006 12:08:09 PM »

Thanks! I do love it. It's my little getaway! and can you believe we are moving in JUNE. I'm scared.. I don't want to pack all this stuff it's gonna be like a month chore to get it all set up again Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sillysausage
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006 12:09:44 PM »

wow I'm so jealous! look at all all those ..... things i like the draw full of scissors I can never find any that must be so handy lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006 12:09:52 PM »

wow, i'm so jealous, i'm am so bad at organizing my crafts, i have a whole room to myself for crafts and its overflowing everywhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Miz Spike
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006 12:16:25 PM »

You can get that reassembled in only a month? We moved in September. I took time to go to Texas and pack my mother for the move here ( combining households) but I only got my sewing machine set up last month. I'm still using my husband's computer, and all of my craft books are in boxes somewhere. The stuff itself is labeled, but is in boxes nowhere near where it might be used.  Undecided

Miz spike
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nitesprite17

"Make believe is much too fun"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006 12:24:48 PM »

You can get that reassembled in only a month? We moved in September. I took time to go to Texas and pack my mother for the move here ( combining households) but I only got my sewing machine set up last month. I'm still using my husband's computer, and all of my craft books are in boxes somewhere. The stuff itself is labeled, but is in boxes nowhere near where it might be used.  Undecided

Miz spike

These are the first things I set up! I can't live without them...my precious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006 05:11:27 AM »

Wow, thanks for sharing nitesprite17!  I had totally forgotten about checking this thread lol  I just got a new cupboard for my craft supplies and fabric.  I'm hoping it will be big enough for a little while at least! >_< 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
cherryrose
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006 03:38:52 AM »

Whoo I wish I had a room for crafting only! But since I'm 18, and still live with my parents, and my bedroom is really small, I can only dream about it.
Wish I had so much crafting supplies, but I'm just beginning, I have everything stored in shoeboxes at the moment. I don't have room for anything else Cry It's really unpractical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
thebagfairy
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006 02:31:50 PM »

Crafting isn't just a hobby, but a way of life(cough, obsession) for most Craftsters. We all know how our various 'stashes' can get out of control, be it yarn, fabric, beads, scrapbooking, or polymer clay. How about we have a board for discussing ways of organizing and storing our stashes and for showing off the 'finished product'?

I've seen great threads about people's craft rooms and yarn shelves, but wouldn't be great to find all of that crafty organizational goodness in one board?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006 09:20:25 PM by thebagfairy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
psychobtch
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006 02:10:28 PM »

Cheesy What a great idea... cuz that's what I'm in the middle of doing.. I moved into my new apartment last month and have been boggling my mind with how to put together an area for my sewing machine and all the other junk that goes along with it hahaha .... after scratching my head a few times I figured that I could get a metal shelving unit and place it in my room to hold all the fabric and notions.. Typically shelving units are ugly and would make your room look like a garage or storage shed.. but I jazz mine up by making curtains out of black material with little skeletons on it. I used Velcro to attach it, which makes it easy to open and close. you could get more technical and fancy and make loops with buttons.. but Velcro works really well.  So now all my crafting crap is hidden and my room still looks like a room.  It's pretty cute.  I'll post a few pics later. 

Also, I put up magnet board strips on the wall, and glued magnets on to my tools (ie. scissors, box of pins, measuring tape..) and now they are easily accessable and neatly kept in reach..... No more searching for the seam ripper, it's on the magnet board!

These are just two things that I've done so far.. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of them.. but hey it works.   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Knots Out of Your Hair
How to Get Face Framing Curls for Your Hair
How to Do Burlesque Hair
How to Do J-Rock Hair
How to Do Big Hair Right
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...