A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Travel/Weekend Bag (Pic Heavy) !! NEW BAG ADDED PAGE 2!!  (Read 18708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007 02:51:09 PM »

Thanks everyone!  I have a feeling when my family/friends see them next week when we go to visit they are all going to want one.

is that very hard to do around the corners - thats the bit thats worrying me  Undecided 

The piping wasn't bad, I basted it to the side pieces before sewing the whole thing together, and to get the sides to fit in right you have to round the corners out anyway which makes the piping in the corners much easier.  Go on, give it a try, you can do it!

do you think the sharpie color with scratch off or fade away, or do you think it will hold up? are they the metal kinda, or painted (rings)?just curious! great job!

The rings were white plastic rings, I've notied the sharpie rubbing off a little on my bag, but I can't tell on the ring, just on the webbing, but it's not really a big deal.

oh, and where do you find such great fabrics? especially (again) the kid one?

I got both of these fabrics off eBay, I buy a lot of fabric off eBay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixeegrl
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007 04:42:09 PM »

Did you draft your own pattern for this? If so could you PLEASE add a tutorial. I have 3 boys and would love to make them each one. If you used a pattern would you mind sharing which one? Awesome bags by the way!!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007 04:44:11 PM by pixeegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007 04:51:18 PM »

Did you draft your own pattern for this? If so could you PLEASE add a tutorial. I have 3 boys and would love to make them each one. If you used a pattern would you mind sharing which one? Awesome bags by the way!!!!

Thanks!
The link to the tutorial is in the first post (with my bag).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixeegrl
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007 05:11:43 PM »

Thanks!
The link to the tutorial is in the first post (with my bag).
[/quote]Smacks herself in the head and says DUH!!! It's been a long day, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillrock96
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007 07:00:00 PM »

I love these!  So cute and professional-looking.  I especially love the one you made for your son (and he is adorable, too!).  I just made one of my own today -- it turned out ok, but there are definitely some mistakes. 

One question for you -- where did you find heavy-duty interfacing?  I asked for some at JoAnn's today and they told me they didn't have any.  They convinced me to use fusible fleece instead, which made my fabric ripple a little bit AND was not stiff enough.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007 07:46:42 PM »

One question for you -- where did you find heavy-duty interfacing?  I asked for some at JoAnn's today and they told me they didn't have any.  They convinced me to use fusible fleece instead, which made my fabric ripple a little bit AND was not stiff enough.  Thanks!

Thanks!

I got my interfacing at Joann's, they have a ton of different kinds in rolls behind the cutting counter. This was my first time using heavy interfacing and I just asked the lady and she pulled out some that was heavier at first, but I asked if she had anything lighter, since it was my first time working with it and I didn't want it to be a hassle for my machine, and this is what she gave me.  Specifcally what I used was, Pellon 808 Craft Fuse (or so the little plastic instruction sheet she cut off for me says).
Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillrock96
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007 07:09:19 AM »

Oooh great -- thanks so much for answering my questions!  Just one more question (sorry!) -- did you use interfacing on the lining, too, or just the outside fabric?  Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007 08:09:01 AM »

did you use interfacing on the lining, too, or just the outside fabric? 

I used a light/medium weight fusiable interfacing on the lining, it's pellon brand too, but it comes in a bag, it's hanging with the ThermOWeb Heat and Bond and such (I can't remember what else is near there, it's behind the patterns in my Joann's but I know all Joann's aren't set up the same).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007 01:12:28 PM »

I finallly managed to get around to getting all our matching zipper pouches and a drawstring shoe bag for my son, so we have full matching travel sets.  We are all set for our trip this weekend!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007 02:25:42 PM by Zelda.Suicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

susankg53
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2007 10:16:48 AM »

your bags are the best, I really love them both. Have a great trip. How many more bags are you going to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
HDR Photography Advice
Photography Lighting Advice
Macro Photography Uses and Lenses
Concert Photography Tips
Prime Lenses Vs. Zoom Lenses
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...