A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,789
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Business cards...buy some or make my own? Tips?  (Read 1962 times)
Tags for this thread: business_card  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: March 05, 2007 08:36:20 PM »

I need to get some business cards made for my Etsy shop. I've seen the ads for the free ones, and considered ordering some, but I didn't like any of the generic designs (ok, I'm picky!).

Does anyone know of a cheap (or free!) place to order some nice customizable business cards from? Or, better yet, what program should I use to design and create my own? I have a great printer here at home, but not sure what program to use.

Anyone have some ideas or tips?

Thank you!!

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007 06:20:47 AM »

Hey rocka!

Have you looked at  Avery's website? They have a neat little program that is free called DesignPro 5 Limited (there's also one you can pay for  but the free one did everything I needed it to).

Anyways the address is www.avery.com. Click on the purple software button and you will see the DesignPro stuff.

Hope this helps!

Introducing Boneyard Baubles, a cemetery-inspired collection of grim and dreadful delights, on impybat.etsy.com!

Groovy Vinyl on Etsy

Impybat on Etsy [/url
Maker of interesting things

Asheville still rocks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007 08:48:59 AM »

I think I'm going to get the best professionally printed card I can afford. It may be rather plain, but will be obviously professionally printed... maybe an embossed card... But I've seen a lot of inkjet-printed cards that kinda look like if they got wet they'd run. I don't think they really would, but still....
One exception I have seen, though, is cards printed on glossy photo paper. They really pop; the colors are vivid and crisp, the gloss is eyecatching. If you want a fancy, graphics-heavy card, that's an excellent way to go.
You might have to go to a copy shop to cut them, though, unless you have a paper knife at home.
Of course, if you have a color laser printer at home, I would think anything goes.
I've always used good ol' MS Publisher to design cards.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007 08:54:08 AM »

I just placed an order w/prints made easy a few days ago becuase I'm picky too and wanted something really professional looking (where I could upload my own image). anyway- i got 100 UV coated cards for .50 (and 6.95 S/H). they don't get here till tomorow but I have high hopes if you wanna check em out. oh yeah- google "free business cards" and use that link for them becuase that's how you get you're first order free (i paid .50 extra for UV coating). hth
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007 09:13:42 AM »

I just ordered from vista print.
 If you get one of the "free premium" emails (which i can forward anyone, just pm me!) you can upload your own artwork for 4.99. 

It's still the best deal that i've found  Smiley

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007 10:19:57 AM »

Thanks to everyone who has posted on here... I just downloaded DesignPro 5 Limited from Avery.com (thanks, Impybat!) and I came up with a pretty cool design for my business cards.  Grin

It was easy to use, and let me use my own image for the card, which was cool. I just kept it simple, but that's what I wanted.  Wink

Thanks everyone!

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007 10:20:42 PM »

Here's some other options for cheap cards, all less than $20:

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007 02:20:55 PM »

It's sounds rather odd, but I got mine for cheap on ebay.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007 06:16:14 PM »

I design business cards for several business' including my own. I use Photoshop and usually print out the cards onto paper, laminate using a hot laminator and then hand cut with a guillotine.

THey look stunning, are durable and cost considerably less than anything I've seen on the net.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Peeling Nails
Beauty Guide: 5 Minute Makeup
Beauty Fix: Tips For Traveling
Get Dazzling Holiday Beauty Like Blake Lively and Kendall Jenner
Beauty & Fashion Problems That Can Be Easily Solved Today
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...