A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Business cards...buy some or make my own? Tips?  (Read 1422 times)
Tags for this thread: business_card  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rocka311
« on: March 05, 2007 08:36:20 PM »

I need to get some business cards made for my Etsy shop. I've seen the ads for the free ones, and considered ordering some, but I didn't like any of the generic designs (ok, I'm picky!).

Does anyone know of a cheap (or free!) place to order some nice customizable business cards from? Or, better yet, what program should I use to design and create my own? I have a great printer here at home, but not sure what program to use.

Anyone have some ideas or tips?

Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Impybat
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007 06:20:47 AM »

Hey rocka!

Have you looked at  Avery's website? They have a neat little program that is free called DesignPro 5 Limited (there's also one you can pay for  but the free one did everything I needed it to).

Anyways the address is www.avery.com. Click on the purple software button and you will see the DesignPro stuff.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Introducing Boneyard Baubles, a cemetery-inspired collection of grim and dreadful delights, on impybat.etsy.com!

Groovy Vinyl on Etsy

Impybat on Etsy [/url
homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007 08:48:59 AM »

I think I'm going to get the best professionally printed card I can afford. It may be rather plain, but will be obviously professionally printed... maybe an embossed card... But I've seen a lot of inkjet-printed cards that kinda look like if they got wet they'd run. I don't think they really would, but still....
One exception I have seen, though, is cards printed on glossy photo paper. They really pop; the colors are vivid and crisp, the gloss is eyecatching. If you want a fancy, graphics-heavy card, that's an excellent way to go.
You might have to go to a copy shop to cut them, though, unless you have a paper knife at home.
Of course, if you have a color laser printer at home, I would think anything goes.
I've always used good ol' MS Publisher to design cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seymourcharlie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007 08:54:08 AM »

I just placed an order w/prints made easy a few days ago becuase I'm picky too and wanted something really professional looking (where I could upload my own image). anyway- i got 100 UV coated cards for .50 (and 6.95 S/H). they don't get here till tomorow but I have high hopes if you wanna check em out. oh yeah- google "free business cards" and use that link for them becuase that's how you get you're first order free (i paid .50 extra for UV coating). hth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alana1223
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007 09:13:42 AM »

I just ordered from vista print.
 If you get one of the "free premium" emails (which i can forward anyone, just pm me!) you can upload your own artwork for 4.99. 

It's still the best deal that i've found  Smiley

~a
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rocka311
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007 10:19:57 AM »

Thanks to everyone who has posted on here... I just downloaded DesignPro 5 Limited from Avery.com (thanks, Impybat!) and I came up with a pretty cool design for my business cards.  Grin

It was easy to use, and let me use my own image for the card, which was cool. I just kept it simple, but that's what I wanted.  Wink

Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

piddix
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007 10:20:42 PM »

Here's some other options for cheap cards, all less than $20:

http://www.piddix.com/business-cards.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007 02:20:55 PM »

It's sounds rather odd, but I got mine for cheap on ebay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearlescent
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007 06:16:14 PM »

I design business cards for several business' including my own. I use Photoshop and usually print out the cards onto paper, laminate using a hot laminator and then hand cut with a guillotine.

THey look stunning, are durable and cost considerably less than anything I've seen on the net.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips on Making Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Donut Making at Scoop De Jour
Spooky Party Food Ideas for Halloween
Bacon Hot Sauce Review
How to Bake a Texas Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...