A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Last minute costume for favorite childrens book charactor day....It's Arthur!  (Read 14872 times)
Tags for this thread: arthur , costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jennickell
« on: March 05, 2007 06:58:00 PM »

I have known about this for over a week, but yet I still waited till the last minute to do this. My son (5 years old, Kindergarden) is having "Dress as your favorite childrens book charactor", so, I ran to good will at 6:45pm (they close at 7:00pm), found the sweater, with some felt, fabric an old head band and my trusty glue gun made the ears and my friend stopped at the party store and bought some novelty glasses.
And here he is
William as Arthur!

And incase anyone doesnt know who Arthur is, here he is with his friend Buster Bunny!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011 08:03:18 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldsheepbowl
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007 07:53:18 PM »

Really awesome last minute job!
I love Arthur, such a big kid Tongue

It's wierd though, your son is pretty much the spitting image of my youngest brother when he was that age! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midnight

I live where hens catch mice and cats lay eggs

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007 03:02:14 PM »

No WAY! Thats the BEST idea ever!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnight_Satyne

Waxing Lyrical and Tripping the Light Fantastic
Lobster Magnet
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007 03:13:44 PM »

That's a striking rendition of Arthur!  Although I've always wondered what exactly Arthur was... Aardvark? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jennickell
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007 07:20:24 PM »

Yes Arthur is an Aardvark, If I would have had any more time, I would have tried to come up with a DW costume for myself (DW is Arthur's lil sis).
Sad thing is that I really like Arthur more than Will does (I catch myself watching it on TV when there are no kids around).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aimee_ant123
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007 08:15:20 PM »

"And I say hey...what a wonderful time of day....to learn to work and play...and get alog with each other.   you got to listen to your heart, listen to the beat, listen to the rythm, the rythm of the street.  open up your eyes, open up your ears, get together and make things better by working together.....its a simple message, and it comes from the heart...believe in yourself thats the place to start........

WOW Im 19 years-old and i just remembered that off the top of my head from my childhood. Smiley  the costume is awesome, so lucky that you found the sweater and the glasses at the last minute (im a procrastinator too)  you have a cute kid Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mermaide
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007 02:18:52 PM »

I love Arthur too! I learned to spell aardvark in that spelling bee episode. He had that song that goes a-a-r-d-v-a-r-k Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftsters do it better.
Jennickell
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007 08:58:11 AM »

"And I say hey...what a wonderful time of day....to learn to work and play...and get alog with each other.   you got to listen to your heart, listen to the beat, listen to the rythm, the rythm of the street.  open up your eyes, open up your ears, get together and make things better by working together.....its a simple message, and it comes from the heart...believe in yourself thats the place to start........

WOW Im 19 years-old and i just remembered that off the top of my head from my childhood. Smiley  the costume is awesome, so lucky that you found the sweater and the glasses at the last minute (im a procrastinator too)  you have a cute kid Smiley

Darn you, now that is going to be stuck in my head all day!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
longlivequeen
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007 05:26:00 PM »

I loved Arthur  Cheesy Buster was my favorite How adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chattyKathi
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007 07:13:25 PM »

wow great idea! I have been trying to figure out my kids costumes this year and this might be one idea!!! My son loves Arthur!! nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Homemade Playdough
How to Make Edible Playdough
How to Make Plasticine
How to Make Green Plasticine
How to Make White Plasticine
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...